Work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joelmamchur

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the MCAT this Aug., but plan to work over the summer about 15-20 hrs / week to pay for tuition next semesterr.
I started studying about may 11th, have finished Gold Standard, and plan to knock off Kaplan by this Friday. The problem is, I only think with my current sched. that i can study 4 hrs/day. Any thoughts as to whether my job is a hindrance? I plan on taking 3 weeks or a month off before the test....

Members don't see this ad.

Taken any practice tests yet?

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle." Sun Tzu

The MCAT is either the enemy or the battlefield. You're asking if 4 hours a day is enough...

Well, you gotta know yourself to be able to answer that. Is it? I say take a practice test, know where you stand, know where you need to be, then decide.

I think it's enough if you actually study hard for 4 hours a day with a three week top off.

Good luck!

I work 40-50 hrs a week, volunteer for 7 hrs from 7p.m. to 1a.m. on Friday nights, and find time to study 3 hrs a night during weekdays (Mon-Thurs) with no problem. It's sure as hell not easy, but definitely doable. I'm single, so that helps out quite a bit, but I would say that you should have no problem doing it with only 15-20 hrs of work. In fact, I envy you;)