Work from home jobs on the web

gatorwife

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen postings in the past about work at home jobs, and I recently came across a web site that specializes in telecommuting job opps. This one wanted a fee, so I am obviously skeptical. Has anyone had any experience with other sites such as this which don't ask for money?

Members don't see this ad.

Be very, very, very, wary of any work-at-home opportunity. Even if they don't ask for a fee at first, almost always they will at some point.

Most common work-at-home scams include typing, proofreading, envelope-stuffing, product assembly, and medical billing. And of course the ubiquitious sales job where they never seem to tell you what you'd be selling.

There are legitimate telecommuting jobs out there, but they are definitely few and far between the scams.

What kind of job are you looking for? Do you type? If so, check out a company called Medquist at www.medquist.com

They are a medical transcription company. I have worked for them from my home (they provided all my equipment, paid for my phone line, etc) for the last year and a half while going to med school. It is good pay, and I get to choose my hours. I am even considering continuing to work with them during my 3rd and 4th years when I have an hour here or there. Keeps some money coming in which is always a great bennie. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I will check that out. I work in marketing now, but I am not picky about what I do long-term. I would just like something I can do to bring in some extra $$$ while my husband is in residency (we want to have kids when he is done with school). Even if we don't have kids right away, it would be nice to be able to set my own hours while his time is so limited rather than having to schedule our together time around my work schedule and his busy residency schedule. I am going to talk to my current employer about setting up a home office first, but since I will be leaving the city, and possibly the state, I don't think they will go for it.

Thanks Kris! I will definitely look into those sites.

Amy