Work Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Do you have any work experience as a dentist?

• I don't have any.

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Less than a year.

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • 1 year or more.

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • 2 years +

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • 3 years+

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • 4 years+

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • 5-7 years+

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • 8-10 years+

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • 11 years+

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • 15 years+

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Meggs

Dpr@v@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Let's keep polling our "population" :D.
This time is for a FAQ. Whether it is in your native country, or any where else: Do you have any work experience as a dentist? If you do, how long?

I don't have any.
Less than a year.
1 year or more.
2 years +
3 years+
4 years+
5-7 years+
8-10 years+
11 years+
15 years+

Members don't see this ad.

I guess one year of internship is not included:confused:

Originally posted by pinktooth
I guess one year of internship is not included:confused:

I don't know, but I'm not sure neither employers nor school consider that as work experience. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
hi meggs ,
You may like to add summer jobs or something for those of us who have 1-2 months on/off instead of us putting it down in less than a year.
just a suggestion.:D
good going.

hi meggs,
to the best of my knowledge ,internship is included in work experience..for you are giving ur services...moreso we do get paid for it ..

Hey Meggs..

Great poll! :clap: And surprising results.. Its a relief to see Im not the only one with work experience that amounts to zilch.

I don't think internship counts as work experience... :confused: But I could be wrong. Anyhow, I don't think the interviewing comittee gives it too much weightage since it's compulsory and will be a common factor with all applicants.

Tasha

Originally posted by mili
hi meggs,
to the best of my knowledge ,internship is included in work experience..for you are giving ur services...moreso we do get paid for it ..

Yes, you get paid, but it is still part of your education and requirements to get a degree. Isn't it? :confused:

Originally posted by elementz
hi meggs ,
You may like to add summer jobs or something for those of us who have 1-2 months on/off instead of us putting it down in less than a year.
just a suggestion.:D
good going.

You're right elementz. But you could add your temporal jobs and add them together, and choose the options that equals that total amount. I guess the fact that is on/off doesn't matter, what matters is the total time they add up to. :confused:

I totally forgot about optional summer internships and externships. Are those considered as work experience????.