Work Experience in PTCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KingGerard

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I hardly have any non-pt paid work experience. I mostly worked as an aide in undergrad and random jobs in high school which I can't list. I still work as an aide now but not anything exciting is listed under my work experience section in ptcas. Is this going to look bad when pt schools see this? I really enjoy working as an aide but If I don't get into any school this year I might need to look for other jobs I suppose.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Well you can still list your PT-aide job which they will see, but it's just going to be listed in another section. Remember some programs don't consider work experience at all, check with the program you are applying to and see if they value work experience or not. But one thing they almost all look at is PT experience/hours, and you'll have plenty of that.

Under what section would I list my pt aide job then? Am I not seeing it? I don't think it's extra curric and they want only Non pt related jobs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I listed my aide job under both work and observation. I can argue both. On one side, I fetched towels, took patients through their programs. On the other, most of the PT's here know my interest so they pull me aside whenever to show me a thing or two. I also have unpaid observation in an acute setting which helps.

So you listed your pt aide job under the "work experience" section in PTCAS? I thought they only wanted Non-PT related jobs, or did I read that wrong. I'm ready to submit but I don't want pt schools to look at that see that I wasn't supposed to put that there.