Work and Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sara25

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello eveyone!!!

I am curious to know if any of you are working....and what you are doing. It seems to me like the only job available to a foreign dentist is to be a dental assistant???? Or is there other jobs also? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Members don't see this ad.

You could work in various positons within a dental office, assistant being the most obvious one. Some states (like Florida) will allow you to work as a dental hygienist (more $$).

You could probably try to get a job in a dental lab, doing whatever you're good at. That sure will give you practice!!

Or, do some externships, fellowships, shadowing, etc in schools, hospitals or dental offices. But usually these are voluntary.

Most of this topics have been discussed here, you could do a search to find it.

Hi
I have some que about the dental assistant jobs

1- I live in midwest and over here u need to have a radiograph tech license before u can work as a assistant . Do any of u have that license? how long it takes to get that ?

2- Did any of u ever did any externship/research/ volunteer work in any of US dental schools. Actually i contacted 5 colleges in the midwest all of them had the openings for externship, summer research ............. but none of them would take me in REASON being that these r the positions for the students currently in the colleges since all of them have the insurance so they wount take me in cuz of the insurance issue & the 2nd reason was that since i am not a actuall student of the college so they also have the pt privacy issue at hand . SO my question is did any of u manage to get any of these jobs and how?

BOND

Members don't see this ad :)
Bond,
about the Xray license question you have. This was discussed widely in some other thread, the link to is in the first sticky thread "Links of interest.....". The one that's on top on the thread list. Look it up there, I myself posted it.

Thanks Meggs i somehow missed that thread,