Wondering about acceptance into med school..

StevenB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read into med school for a while now and to me, being 14, it seems impossible. Basically what I have heard is if I get,say, a 3.5gpa in college, I'm doomed. Obviously there is more to it than I good GPA but GPA is part of it. Is it possible to get into med school, while still having somewhat of a life and not being a complete genius? Not trying to flame anyone, I'm just wondering. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I have read into med school for a while now and to me, being 14, it seems impossible. Basically what I have heard is if I get,say, a 3.5gpa in college, I'm doomed. Obviously there is more to it than I good GPA but GPA is part of it. Is it possible to get into med school, while still having somewhat of a life and not being a complete genius? Not trying to flame anyone, I'm just wondering. Thanks

You don't have to be a genius to get better than a 3.5. Consistent work is what it takes, and as you get older I think you'll find it's much easier than may think to do very well at something you really enjoy...all while "having a life".

Sent from my medical tricorder using Tapatalk

Totally possible. I enjoyed my time in college and still had decent grades (and I'm certainly not a "complete genius" or anything). As long as you work hard, you should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait until you're in college to freak out about college grades. :)

Seriously, there's no way to know if or how you'll have to adjust your study habits, attitude, priorities, or anything else in college until you're there. I promise you can get into med school without being anywhere close to genius and still having fun. :luck:

If you are only 14 and already worried about having a life, my bet is you find another career that fits you better somewhere along the road.

3.50 is somewhat below average but it doesn't mean you're doomed.

You are 14 dude. Just relax and enjoy high school. I didn't know I wanted to be a doctor for sure till I was 20

Haha thanks for the replies guys but understand i am not worried at all ( although, after re reading my post it seems like i came across that way ) i was just curious to see. I do indeed lead a very filling life and am not balled up in a corner worried about the future and med school :) Thank you all though