This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any slit I've ever seen in a business suit has been in the back to make it possible to sit in a skirt that has a narrow silhouette. If you have only virtual interviews it shouldn't matter. In person, it might not matter but do you really need to take that chance? It can lead to implicit bias.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Any slit I've ever seen in a business suit has been in the back to make it possible to sit in a skirt that has a narrow silhouette. If you have only virtual interviews it shouldn't matter. In person, it might not matter but do you really need to take that chance? It can lead to implicit bias.
Thank you! I’ll keep looking then. My current II will be virtual but if I’m going to spend the $$$ I’ll get something that can work in person

Members don't see this ad :)
What do the SDNers here think of this blouse/suit combo? I don’t think the pattern would be visible for virtual interviews, but some friends/family have pointed out that the hearts in the blouse don’t match the “mood” of a black suit and I’m starting to wonder if I need something else for in-person interviews.

Attachments

• 1FB2B0B0-BAB6-4926-8DC2-D3D6D1B8BD50.jpeg
    1FB2B0B0-BAB6-4926-8DC2-D3D6D1B8BD50.jpeg
    246.7 KB · Views: 92
What do the SDNers here think of this blouse/suit combo? I don’t think the pattern would be visible for virtual interviews, but some friends/family have pointed out that the hearts in the blouse don’t match the “mood” of a black suit and I’m starting to wonder if I need something else for in-person interviews.
A plain blue shell is always appropriate.

Reactions: 1 users
I would not use something with patterns. You should be able to get a plain babyblue or white collared shirt at a thrift store or h&m/Uniqlo for under $20

Reactions: 1 users
I would not use something with patterns. You should be able to get a plain babyblue or white collared shirt at a thrift store or h&m/Uniqlo for under $20

I'm not JAK2, but is pastel pink equally appropriate? It seems like everyone wears blue or white, so I don't know if other colors like soft pinks are just as good.

I'm not JAK2, but is pastel pink equally appropriate? It seems like everyone wears blue or white, so I don't know if other colors like soft pinks are just as good.
I don’t know. I just got white and baby blue because I’m a scaredy cat.

Reactions: 1 user
Pink is fine. Personally, I think patterns are fine, too.

Any solid shade for the shell is fine.
For photos, it's best to avoid colors close to skin tone.

Reactions: 2 users
Are slingback heels appropriate? Also, I feel much less frumpy and more comfortable with my suit unbuttoned. Is that okay?