Withdrawal question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Macbeth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted, privacy

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So you were accepted to a medical school...put down a deposit...then withdrew your acceptance?

Is that right?

If that's the case, I agree. You should have gone, but I dont' think it will hurt you as much as you think this time around.

I don't think you're getting any responses because that happens so rarely and most wouldn't do it and can't advise on your situation.

I don't see how the other schools would know that you were offered a spot and didn't go.

I don't think you need to mention it on your AMCAS or secondaries.

Unless I don't understand.

As long as you didn't matriculate, I think you'll be ok this cycle.

Just my opinion,

s

PhDtoDO said:
So you were accepted to a medical school...put down a deposit...then withdrew your acceptance?

Is that right?

That is correct. My concern is that there is an AMCAS database keeping tabs on all acceptances and that an adcom might check the database as part of a general background check. I'm not sure how likely that is, but it's possible.

Some of the secondary applications specifically ask you if you have been accepted into medical school in the past. With this, and your new application to their school, it goes without saying that you chose not to matriculate. Einstein is one school that does this... I'm sure there are others.