Withdraw Button Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zafo

Reaction score
Hey! Does anyone know what happens when you click the withdraw box on the mdapply portals? Do you get a prompt asking "are you sure?" or some kind of email confirmation that your app was withdrawn or a change in the application status?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! Does anyone know what happens when you click the withdraw box on the mdapply portals? Do you get a prompt asking "are you sure?" or some kind of email confirmation that your app was withdrawn or a change in the application status?
Do you mean the withdraw button on the AMCAS application?
If you click that, your application would be withdrawn from all the AMCAS schools you applied to this year and this action is not reversible.

At this time in the application cycle, I would advise letting your applications ride out until the end.

Do you mean the withdraw button on the AMCAS application?
If you click that, your application would be withdrawn from all the AMCAS schools you applied to this year and this action is not reversible.

At this time in the application cycle, I would advise letting your applications ride out until the end.
I meant more on the secondary application portal. There's no way I'm withdrawing my apps right now, I just almost clicked it on the portal by accident and got scared so I wanted to know if anyone knows what happens when you do that 😅

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I meant more on the secondary application portal. There's no way I'm withdrawing my apps right now, I just almost clicked it on the portal by accident and got scared so I wanted to know if anyone knows what happens when you do that 😅
Well I'm glad the portal asked you if you were sure! Good luck the rest of this year

From my experience:
The withdraw button on school portals will dump your application status into the "self-withdrawn" abyss. Remember the school-specific portal may save your application ACTIONS (not necessarily your application data) over a longer time, so if you wind up applying to that same school, they will know from your application history that you punched "self-withdraw" once before. That is fair game to bring up to the admissions committee.

Don't do this unless you wind up matriculating at a different program.