Wisconsin supplemental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rookie13

Michigan State CVM 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received the Wisconsin supplemental yet?

Members don't see this ad.

waiting with baited breath.

I was *just* about to post the very same question. Haven't heard anything yet. Any day, I suspect...

Members don't see this ad :)
It's heeeeeeeeeeeere!

It's WIERD. how much experience do they expect you got, AFTER VMCAS? I mean, we're talking all of... 2 months? what do they expect?!

I'm actually glad they asked the questions about additional experience because I've done a lot more at work and volunteering (for example we've been getting a TON of chickens at work lately, which I hadn't worked with much).
I'd bet they aren't expecting you to have heaps of extra stuff at this point, but it's nice that they give you the chance to add on.

I just got it! And I think that I may be considered a resident because I went to high school in Wisconsin and my parents are Wisconsin residents! Who knew? I'm calling them tomorrow to confirm/clarify. I hope that means I am going to be considered a resident for admissions purposes. That would be too good to be true.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of thing?

I just got it! And I think that I may be considered a resident because I went to high school in Wisconsin and my parents are Wisconsin residents! Who knew? I'm calling them tomorrow to confirm/clarify. I hope that means I am going to be considered a resident for admissions purposes. That would be too good to be true.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of thing?

I thought that if you are still your parents' dependent, then your permanent address can still be considered their home. Therefore your residency is where ever they live. This is how it worked for me in college. But then I also didn't change my driver's license, voting registration, etc. Unsure how it changes if those aren't the same.

I haven't been a dependent of my parents for awhile now. I'll let you know what happens when I speak with them.

I started doing it, and it is sooooo much easier than the others I did, thank you Wisconsin! Some other supps I could mention were just god awful.

It's WIERD. how much experience do they expect you got, AFTER VMCAS? I mean, we're talking all of... 2 months? what do they expect?!

I am SO thankful for that question because its 10 weeks and with 3 days a week in small animal, 2 days a week at the zoo, and an additional 5-10 hours or so a week dog handling (confo & obedience), I am adding around 500 hours to my totals. It would be very different for someone who was still finishing up undergrad. Still, they want to know the whole applicant they are getting the closest to that they can. They would be asking this question for sure if it were an interview situation instead of a supplemental.

The supplemental asks, "What did you list as your first career choice in your VMCAS essay?"

Was there a place on VMCAS to select a career choice? I can't seem to locate it.

I could be wrong, but it says your VMCAS "Essay" so I am thinking it means your personal statement. Dont know about everyone else, but its not totally cut and dry for me. I listed one thing I really wanted to do and a few others I would consider. Not exactly a gold and silver medal placement... I will have to think about that one...