General Admissions & OTCAS Winston Salem State MOT 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KatelynOT

Reaction score
Hey guys! I saw where someone created a thread for WSSU's MOT 2018 admission cycle for last year so I'm starting one for this years applicants! I thought It would be nice to create this thread to notify each other when we receive letters! I called to check on my application and they said they would start sending out acceptances/ denials in mid-late February.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I received my acceptance email earlier today, so if you haven't already, hopefully you will hear back very soon!

I also received an acceptance today! I am waiting to hear back this week from my #1 choice school though so I will have to decide about WSSU based on that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also received an acceptance today! I am waiting to hear back this week from my #1 choice school though so I will have to decide about WSSU based on that.

Can you guys tell me your stats and where else you have been accepted. I am waiting to hear back as from Winston-Salem.

Reactions: 1 users
Can you guys tell me your stats and where else you have been accepted. I am waiting to hear back as from Winston-Salem.
Sure! I don't think stats are the only helpful thing though because schools typically look at your application more holistically including essays and recommendation letters so just keep that in mind. I got accepted into my #1 school (UNC-Chapel Hill) and that's where I'll be going so my seat at WSSU will be opening up! I also got accepted to VCU (those are the only 3 schools where I applied). My overall GPA from undergrad was 3.77, 3.82 for just my psychology major GPA (not sure about prereq GPA because there were somewhat different prerequisites for each school I applied), GRE was 151Q, 161V, 5.5W. I had a lot of different work, volunteer and shadowing experiences including clinical, teaching, and research experiences which I think were very helpful. Just for context, it will be 2 years since my college graduation by the time I start school in the fall. For recommendation letters, I got one from a professor, one from an OT I shadowed and volunteered with, and one from my current supervisor at my research assistant job. I hope this helps in some way, though again I don't think you should compare yourself too much to other people, there are sooo many factors (including sheer luck) that play into this.

Reactions: 1 users