Winged Scapula

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kaustikos

Antibiotics 4 Lyfe
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
She's awesome.

The end. Please sticky and lock.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Suck up. Er, this is the medical profession, so GUNNER.

You know private messages (or conversations, as they're called for some reason on this site) are a thing.

Surprisingly, there are multiple threads in the 'Similar threads' section that are directly entitled to WS. Can't wait for the day when I get the same treatment...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
She's a cougar :) If I didn't know otherwise, based on her pic I would have thought she's a dermatologist.

He seems to attract a lot of stalker-ish types. First the guy wanting to take him out to a "platonic dinner" and now this...
I've gotten use to the weirdness. Edited: due to not wanting to be banned due to feelings getting hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
i was never the jealous type, thankfully :D

now if you tried to steal some of my pink shoes on the other hand...we would have a problem
We could share.

The shoes. The shoes. Here are the SW I'm wearing today:

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1406212145.750228.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
So, how is this not sticky'd? :p

Sounds like you've already gotten sticky in this thread

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ha. Ever rock the heels in the OR? We had one attending who would where I went to med school. But she was a tad bit histrionic.
LOL…no, I wouldn't even try; too much potential for grossness getting on my toes.

I've forgotten shoes on more than one occasion (usually when I have an emergency add on and am coming from the office), so ended up borrowing some from the OR staff. Now I just keep a pair of Merrells in the trunk.

LOL…no, I wouldn't even try; too much potential for grossness getting on my toes.

I've forgotten shoes on more than one occasion (usually when I have an emergency add on and am coming from the office), so ended up borrowing some from the OR staff. Now I just keep a pair of Merrells in the trunk.

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1406245762.943790.jpg

These are my default "can't wear heels while doing this" shoes. Un-glam but still PINK

Jealous.

I wanted those but they were sold out in my size.

I may or may not have bought these: http://www.farfetch.com/nl/shopping/women/sophia-webster-yaya-sandals-item-10710563.aspx ;)

Just a reminder

When does a surgeon or gas doc have time to wear these shoes? I was not familiar with these shoes.
Surgeons don't typically operate *every* day; I'm in the office 2.5 days per week where I'm usually wearing a dress or suit with heels and I wear "civilian" clothes into the hospital before cases and on rounds. So between those and my off work hours, there's ample time to wear nice shoes.

I am now in the market for a new car if any one has suggestions as I have enough shoes to last me for awhile.

Reactions: 1 users
When does a surgeon or gas doc have time to wear these shoes? I was not familiar with these shoes.

Like she said, you're not in the OR all the time. Some hospitals/clinics require professional attire outside of the OR/Surgery floor and actually send people/med students back home to change if they show up in scrubs. I decide to not wear a tie ONE day because of the late night before/rush to get ready and an Attending asked why I wasn't dressed professionally. I wasn't sent back home... but that goes to show that people notice.

Also; another reminder

Like she said, you're not in the OR all the time. Some hospitals/clinics require professional attire outside of the OR/Surgery floor and actually send people/med students back home to change if they show up in scrubs. I decide to not wear a tie ONE day because of the late night before/rush to get ready and an Attending asked why I wasn't dressed professionally. I wasn't sent back home... but that goes to show that people notice.

Also; another reminder

You must be on the East Coast?

Surgeons don't typically operate *every* day; I'm in the office 2.5 days per week where I'm usually wearing a dress or suit with heels and I wear "civilian" clothes into the hospital before cases and on rounds. So between those and my off work hours, there's ample time to wear nice shoes.

I am now in the market for a new car if any one has suggestions as I have enough shoes to last me for awhile.

G wagon
Bentley
Audi RS7

Something else equally obnoxious

I want to lease an obnoxious car(business write offs and all) but a certain someone doesn't like leasing.

G wagon
Bentley
Audi RS7

Something else equally obnoxious

I want to lease an obnoxious car(business write offs and all) but a certain someone doesn't like leasing.
No big cars, SUVs, or wagons.

Requirements: convertible (preferably hard top), two seater, preferably manual transmission, reliable and it must have a nice interior.

I keep forgetting that you live in the land of perfect weather, meanwhile I am currently in standstill traffic coming out of nyc in the middle of a snow ****ing storm. ITS MARCH. Why is it snowing?!

Will you teach me how to drive manual???? :)

Sure; it's easy but take my advice: never have a romantic partner or parent try to teach you to drive unless you want to be yelled at. LOL

Porsche 911
mThat's what I'm leaning towards although the interior is not as luxurious as I would like. Other contenders would be a Mercedes SL and something a bit cheaper that I like is the Infiniti Q 60.

Sure; it's easy but take my advice: never have a romantic partner or parent try to teach you to drive unless you want to be yelled at. LOL

mThat's what I'm leaning towards although the interior is not as luxurious as I would like. Other contenders would be a Mercedes SL and something a bit cheaper that I like is the Infiniti Q 60.

I'm a MB girl so I support the MB decision.

Kaus volunteered to teach me how to drive manual but I'm scared of 1)getting yelled at and 2)driving his car into a ditch/pile of snow/pedestrian

I'm a MB girl so I support the MB decision.

Kaus volunteered to teach me how to drive manual but I'm scared of 1)getting yelled at and 2)driving his car into a ditch/pile of snow/pedestrian

My college boyfriend taught me and I ended up backing his fancy sports car into a grapevine in rural Fresno County. When we went back to his parents house his dad could see I was crying, yelled at him and then took me out for a very patient and kind lesson.

Reactions: 1 users
No big cars, SUVs, or wagons.

Requirements: convertible (preferably hard top), two seater, preferably manual transmission, reliable and it must have a nice interior.

2014-BMW-M4-Schwarz-F82-Coupe-Saphirschwarz-09-750x500.jpg

You're welcome.

The way I teach is how I was taught; go to a used car dealership and ask to test drive the cheapest manual car. You don't feel bad because
a) car dealers are scum
b) it's a cheap car that no one really wants

Before you think MB, look above and realize how awesome that is.

You're welcome.

The way I teach is how I was taught; go to a used car dealership and ask to test drive the cheapest manual car. You don't feel bad because
a) car dealers are scum

What is that? A BMW? It looks big although perhaps that's just the photo angle.Besides I don't see a convertible top on it that is a must have nonnegotiable option.

You're welcome.

a) car dealers are scum

That's not a convertible! ><

What is that? A BMW? It looks big although perhaps that's just the photo angle.Besides I don't see a convertible top on it that is a must have nonnegotiable option.

Ha. I got you :p

I want a manual sports car so I can challenge Kaus to races, and then document him losing to me. And post them on YouTube and become a YouTube celebrity. Fancy the dentist/car racer

It doesn't hurt your feet and Achilles tendon to wear these shoes sometimes? Not all the time?
Subaru Forester.

They allow open toed shoes at work?

It doesn't hurt your feet and Achilles tendon to wear these shoes sometimes? Not all the time?
Subaru Forester.

That's not a convertible!

Some shooz are more comfortable than others. Ankle straps provide support. The super high loubs are very uncomfortable. Other shooz have an internal built in platform that make them tolerable too.

Don't think she's wearing those shooz in the OR though.

I should have clarified; yes, it comes in a hard-top convertible. That picture was meant to show you the BMW M4 as an... ahem... better option than the MB SL. It doesn't hurt that everyone prefers BMW over MB for 2 doors. 4 doors... that's MB.

Subaru Forester.

There's a comment I want to say... but I can't. I'll just say that there's a certain joke about women driving those cars.
Albeit, Forester FXT is awesome.

Subaru Forester.
Nope.

If my feet hurt I wouldn't wear them.

I have had some shoes that I purchased and find they are uncomfortable so they get taken to a charity organization for someone else to enjoy (or not).

High heels do not have to hurt.

I should have clarified; yes, it comes in a hard-top convertible. That picture was meant to show you the BMW M4 as an... ahem... better option than the MB SL. It doesn't hurt that everyone prefers BMW over MB for 2 doors. 4 doors... that's MB.

I guess that's one of the issues is that I see the BMWs everywhere here so I was tending to shy away from them because I don't want the same car that every other Scottsdale woman has.

There's a comment I want to say... but I can't. I'll just say that there's a certain joke about women driving those cars.
Albeit, Forester FXT is awesome.

Really? What do they say?

I don't think I'm a Subaru type but I'll check it out,

I'm the owner/partner of the practice so I can wear whatever I want. I wear closed toe shoes in the OR.

My dad told me to stop wearing my ridiculous shoes to work.

I told him they helped business.

He told me he was the boss and to do as I'm told.

Blargh. Why do parents have an ability to make you feel like you're five years old in five seconds?