William and Mary/UVA or India

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iwantochngindia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have the option of going to William and Mary for premed (or UVA, but I like William and Mary better). I got accepted into both of those schools for Biology. And, I have to choose between the US and going to India. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

I have the option of going to William and Mary for premed (or UVA, but I like William and Mary better). I got accepted into both of those schools for Biology. And, I have to choose between the US and going to India. What should I do?

Do not go to india. As you can read on other posts on this forum, people who've gone there very often find it difficult to adapt. India is very competitive, the students there will look down on you as someone who "paid their way in", different culture, bad for matching, lifelong stigma from employers, residencies, friends and family. Your parents or grandparents did so much to get you here, why go back?

Besides, William and Mary is a top school, it is the 2nd oldest college in the US. Please, stay in the US.