Will they reply to "Thank you' e-mail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coffee beans

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at the U of Minn for IM residency and sent Thank You e-mails to the faculties who interviewed me. But did not get any reply.

Did anyone interviewed there get reply for thank you note? Your response is highly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I also wrote thank you emails, and no reply! But I interviewed in November and received a Christmas Card from the department, they probably sent it out to everyone who had interviewed so far. I wouldnt make too much of it, about 50% of folks I have written thank you emails to do not write back....

i wouldn't think anything of it. i have only received 2 responses to my TY emails out of the 15 or so i've sent to individual faculty.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that some programs do selectively reply to students that they want. But I wouldn't let that worry you, my #1 ranked program sent replies to somepeople but not to myself but I still matched there. I never bothered to ask why they didn't reply to my email, I assumed that it was because I wasn't on their "must have" list.

Thanks for your input. The silence or the 'ignorance' really makes me feel the uncertainty.

I only sent "Thank You's" to programs I was interested in. I sent about 5 emails and recieved a reply from all 5 places. Hope that helps.

Sent emails to every place, got emails back from every place.