will they find out?? need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbos

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes they will find out and if they did you will be kicked out.

If you do that with medical schools apps, they always find out, and then they'd ban you from applying again.

I suggest you review your ethics before considering medicine a long term career

Members don't see this ad :)
Two things.
1. That would be fraud.
2. The easiest (not the only) way a school finds out about unreported transcripts is through the national clearinghouse. If school A and school B are both members, then it's automatic as part of the app process.

Two things.
1. That would be fraud.
2. The easiest (not the only) way a school finds out about unreported transcripts is through the national clearinghouse. If school A and school B are both members, then it's automatic as part of the app process.

would they perform extensive background checks if my application profile is not conspicuous in any way?

What you are thinking of doing is academic dishonesty of the worst degree and you will be caught. Don't do it, and if you want even a remote chance at med school I'd bone up on basic ethics.

Even if they don't find out right away, they might find out years later while you're in med school. They may withdraw their acceptance if they find out you lied on your app. Then you're 100k in debt and kicked out of med school. Do you really want that hanging over your head?

Did you know you were defrauding them when you applied? If so, I lack sympathy for what you did since I vehemently hate lies.

Your only hope would be to alert the school that you neglected to include a transcript with your application and then get the transcript you discluded sent to them immediately.

I would also wager that any action taken against you for your deception will be able to be seen by any medical school you apply to much like a dismissal from a school would be seen.

Try living honestly.