Will there be a chance!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdds9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi friends,

I was going through the threads and I saw the post of a candidate who got accepted at UIC and so she canceled her interview at UCSF. There is also going to be clash in the interview dates between UCSF and USC. In such circumstances, will the applications be reviewed again and will the students be invited to fill the spots for the interview? I am raising this question because I have applied for the IDP program and got rejected from both UOP and UCSF. It will be a great help if someone could shed some light on this issue.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi friends,

I was going through the threads and I saw the post of a candidate who got accepted at UIC and so she canceled her interview at UCSF. There is also going to be clash in the interview dates between UCSF and USC. In such circumstances, will the applications be reviewed again and will the students be invited to fill the spots for the interview? I am raising this question because I have applied for the IDP program and got rejected from both UOP and UCSF. It will be a great help if someone could shed some light on this issue.

I am sorry to hear you didn't get an interview in neither schools...
I also did not get invited to UCSF which was my top choice :(
But I do not think they will be calling more people. They invite around 70 people. I don't think they keep a " waiting list" for this interview. They will still have plenty of good candidates to choose from even if some of them give up from the interview.
I am not sure about that, never asked them, but it is just a guess

I am sorry to hear you didn't get an interview in neither schools...
I also did not get invited to UCSF which was my top choice :(
But I do not think they will be calling more people. They invite around 70 people. I don't think they keep a " waiting list" for this interview. They will still have plenty of good candidates to choose from even if some of them give up from the interview.
I am not sure about that, never asked them, but it is just a guess

You are right.
I had the same doubt but a current student of UCSF cleared it out for me.
UCSF wont go back to call more people.
USC and UCSF interviews co-incide almost every year.. so this year is no different for them. its routine as usual.
too bad they don't work this out.. all out efforts and costs go waste when such a collision occurs.

Last edited: