Will the past haunt me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rumzh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So over 10 years ago after graduating HS, I did not take college seriously, after 3 years of school I got suspended due to low GPA (1.67), and just stopped going to school.

Decided to go back in 2015 (same college) and got mostly A's, with a couple B's in all the pre-reqs for pharmacy school (3.67 pre-req GPA, all complete except for micro bio), and re-took most classes I previously did bad in and now my overall GPA is 3.36. I don't have my bachelors and and just applied to a few Pharm school (also taking PCat in january); anyone have a bad history that turned things around? I'm wondering how schools would look at that.

Members don't see this ad.

many pharmacy school only look at your pre-req GPA. just be careful about which schools you are applying to.

posted this in the wrong place

It's going to depend on which schools you applied to. As long as you explain your situation you should be okay and some pharmacy schools may just be more interested in your most recent academics. My overall GPA was a 3.4 with pre req a little less than yours and got admitted to my top pharmacy school. Don't worry too much. When your interview comes, be honest and show that you've changed.