Will someone ever ask for your board scores after you have matched

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jimanderson

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering will someone ever ask what your USMLE scores are after you have gotten into the program. Will your PD mysteriously just come oneday and ask you what you got, will the fellowships care how well you did on your USMLEs or will the RRC and ACGME ever ask for your USMLE transcript. Basically will someone ever ask for your USMLE scores ever again. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

jimanderson said:
I was wondering will someone ever ask what your USMLE scores are after you have gotten into the program. Will your PD mysteriously just come oneday and ask you what you got, will the fellowships care how well you did on your USMLEs or will the RRC and ACGME ever ask for your USMLE transcript. Basically will someone ever ask for your USMLE scores ever again. Thanks.

I've never heard of that.

I am almost 100% certain that it comes up again if you apply to a medicine fellowship such as cards, gi, or hem/onc due to their competitiveness. You apply to those early in your second year when nothing has really changed on your CV besides doing an intern year. If you are only going into rad onc, I don't think it will ever be an issue again. As I understand it, there is no real competition for fellowships as VERY few people do them, and they have more to do with academic careers which would focus on research.

jimanderson said:
they will ask you for your "permanent record" from elementary school. Remember that?
No, they wont. Except on this site.