Will Smith Slap Discussion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ray D. Ayshun

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been listening to talk of this on the radio, and the idea that there's something deeper there, which even as a non-woke person, strikes me as a black male trope. As in, they're either brothers or have a beef. No way this coulda just been a lame joke about a medical problem that Jada Smith has, and is insecure about, that warranted this response in all honesty. Somebody should do this to Joe Rogan on a daily basis. We need good comics. Chris Rock was one once for a sec.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I personally believe it’s all an act.

1648472541336.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have been listening to talk of this on the radio, and the idea that there's something deeper there, which even as a non-woke person, strikes me as a black male trope. As in, they're either brothers or have a beef. No way this coulda just been a lame joke about a medical problem that Jada Smith has, and is insecure about, that warranted this response in all honesty. Somebody should do this to Joe Rogan on a daily basis. We need good comics. Chris Rock was one once for a sec.

The whole thing reeks of publicity stunt. The Oscar’s have a viewership problem. Had it for many years. This was probably planned to generate buzz get people talking about it turn on the channel to watch. If anything it proves just how irrelevant the Oscar platform has become.

Reactions: 1 users
I personally believe it’s all an act.

View attachment 352445
One of those two scenarios gives Will Smith permission to sleep with whomever he wants, and I'm pretty sure Will Smith has some good options.

Edit: The other scenario allows him to sleep with Jada Smith later that same night. Perhaps in the limo. WP

Last edited:
the people that have the 'it was a stunt' hot take crack me up

SDN tin foil thinking, folks!

Reactions: 1 user
Is it really that far of a reach to assume that entertainers crave attention?

It is absolutely absurd to go on stage on awards night and slap another man. I can see Steve Martin and Martin Short doing something like this, but Will Smith?

It is absolutely absurd to go on stage on awards night and slap another man. I can see Steve Martin and Martin Short doing something like this, but Will Smith?
It's absurd to go to an event and have someone make fun of your wife for going bald to an international audience. It's all absurd, but Chris rock deserved to be slapped for becoming a hack. Rip norm. Are there any funny people any more outside the confines of sdn rad onc?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
It's absurd to go to an event and have someone make fun of your wife for going bald to an international audience. It's all absurd, but Chris rock deserved to be slapped for becoming a hack. Rip norm. Are there any funny people any more outside the confines of sdn rad onc?
They both were in the wrong here imo... If you look at the video, initially will Smith laughed, but I'm guessing he saw Jada roll her eyes and sigh and sprung into action

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with this… both were wrong, but I also think it’s overhyped and the fact we are now talking about the Oscar’s makes me think it was all an act whether it was planned or just entertainers wanting to perform. We don’t just go punching/slapping people in public settings.

the people that have the 'it was a stunt' hot take crack me up

SDN tin foil thinking, folks!
Whoever staged that minor swelling in Chris’s lower lip …. along with that slight lip droop 15 seconds later, and Chris’s inability to form a coherent thought for a minute, is a GD medical genius

Moving this out of the meme thread. Feel free to pontificate further about the societal ramifications of one black man slapping another for saying some mean **** about his wife's medical condition

• Haha
Moving this out of the meme thread. Feel free to pontificate further about the societal ramifications of one black man slapping another for saying some mean **** about his wife's medical condition
I think Smith was saying, "Rock, I thought you did social commentary, not fart jokes. What happened?" Chris Rock was basically insulting Chris Rock with that garbage.

My main issue is another. Why does Will Smith stand up and slap Chris Rock, when apparently it was Jada Smith that was uncomfortable with the "joke" and not him. Why did she not stand up and slap him or at least protest in an other way than just by rolling her eyes?
I only know little about her, but she seems like a person who wouldn't just sit idle.

What does this incident tell us (if it was a genuine reaction and not all staged, as it has been proposed) about the Smiths as persons and their relationship?

I just want to point out there is one thing that points me to questioning the intent: He slaps him with his fingers which probably decreases a large amount of the force. Idk, I will ask physics.

• Haha
I just want to point out there is one thing that points me to questioning the intent: He slaps him with his fingers which probably decreases a large amount of the force. Idk, I will ask physics.
“Special physics consult”

Reactions: 5 users
If it’s attention they wanted, they should have done it the old fashioned way and had Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson present something together. A good wardrobe malfunction is far more likely to get me watching than 2 otherwise likable guys acting like *****s.

There’s a lot here that people don’t know. Basically Chris was poking fun at Jada over her haircut and both Jada and Will thought it was funny. Then Jada whispered to Will that Chris works for Evicore. Gotta stand with Will on this one.

• Haha
  • Love
During the next commercial break Will walked over and smacked Keith Urban. "OWWW! What'd you do that for?" said Keith. Will goes "I'm just makin' your wish come true son." "My wish?!" said Keith. "Yeah, I just heard you tell Nicole 'I wish that sumbitch would try that on me!'"

I did not watch and have never watched the Oscars. Even when i did not have cable i would rather watch antique roadshow reruns on pbs with my granpa than watch that nonsense. Will smith is definitely a total phony lunatic **** like many people in celebrity world. I certainly hope to see less of him due to this but will not hold my breath.

Less of him? Is there Will Smith saturation that I don’t know about ??

• Haha
I did not watch and have never watched the Oscars. Even when i did not have cable i would rather watch antique roadshow reruns on pbs with my granpa than watch that nonsense. Will smith is definitely a total phony lunatic **** like many people in celebrity world. I certainly hope to see less of him due to this but will not hold my breath.

What continent are you from? Can tell you ain’t from around here sis!

Some of you folks might get a bit “jiggy with it” (boomers especially) but i aint about that life folks!