Smoorthy007

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ID

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you both need some counseling.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you should discuss all options with your gf. Discuss with her what are your thoughts and if you guys are going for a long distance relationship then how it is going to work...

Well, as previously suggested, this is best to be discussed over with her and make the plans together! If you have made the decision on your own, or worse, base on your parents' wishes, then most likely she will leave. If you care about her this much, should let her know the situation you are in.

I was in similar situation apply for carib or DO school. My gf, now my fiancee, is also pretty clingy too and often gets depressed by herself. I made it perfectly clear the least I will compromise is never to go oversea or to carib but med is my dream. If you are willing to make some sacrifice she should understand too.

Don't just call her, webcam her, make visiting her your priority during schools when you have holiday if not busy with school work. If the school is really only 6 hrs drive away, she can go visit you for the first 2 yrs until rotations come right? If you truly cares about this relationship and don't want to lose her (not the same as worrying she'll leave, that just mean you're determine to do whatever you want disregarding her situation), then you would try to work this out and find the best way that's best for both of you.

Long distance is not impossible, but nobody can only gives without some in return. I will be 6 hrs plane ride away from my fiancee that's working on her own PhD degrees, while we understand that this sacrifice of being apart means we will have to work harder on our education. We also understand our priority to communicate with each other. It's not an easy route...GL:)

it sounds like you are in an unstable/unhealthy relationship anyway and should probably be looking to move on yourself regardless of where you end up.

it sounds like you are in an unstable/unhealthy relationship anyway and should probably be looking to move on yourself regardless of where you end up.

:thumbup: Starting off with less than ideal...what a concept!

My advice is leave her woman like that is never good
My advice is to man up and grow a pair
U already know what u want to do so just do it

Always, always, always err on the side of doing what's best for you. Stop being a woman by trying to save their feelings. There is no such thing as a long distance relationship.

At the end of the day, you have to do what's best for you. If you're afraid that she's going to leave/cheat on you, it doesn't sound like your relationship is as stable as it should be. Especially with long distance.

I've been doing long distance with my fiance for almost 4 years now. And I had to go to a dental school 5 hours away from where he was. I never had a second thought if he'd cheat/leave me...I was afraid it might not work out, but I never once doubted that he'd try to make it work for us. And if it hadn't worked out, I would at least have my dental degree that I've worked my entire life for. It's worked out and it's been hard. Though it's not an ideal situation for everyone.

YOUR future is not worth giving up on because you're waiting for someone. If she's the right person, you guys will make it work whatever the odds. If she's not,t hen you'll find the right person.

Good luck!

I don't think long distance is really the issue rather it's probably maturity and fear of change.

You seem more worried about her leaving and whether you'll feel guilty for leaving her. This just doesn't sound like a healthy loving relationship. Perhaps your just afraid of change. Also break ups are never easy but just like death after a couple weeks/ months breaking off a bad relationship is best for both people. I'm saying this particularly because of the trust issues. Really people dating should have other friends, hobbies, things to keep them happy. THey shouldn't be worrying about cheating and only derviving happiness from the other person.

I like to think of this in poker terms. So many people have an ok relationship. It's not great but to break up seems scarry so they stay with the two pair and just stay there and get married. You can't really be happy until you take some risks. Wouldn't you be happier with a royal flush or something like that. I guess there is no perfect person but you really most likely won't get a great hand unless you take risks. Staying with the status quo is comforting but it leads to a crappy life.

My two cents.

And most importantly don't do anything drastic because your afraid she'll leave. If you like it you really don't have to put a ring on it. It's much better to see if the distance works first.

It seems that you know what you want out of life so dont let the dead weight (i.e your gf) hold you down man. Either she comes along for the ride or she gets left..simple as that