Will PhORCAS input pre-pharmacy grades/GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SmallPharma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I know this may sound a bit specific to my circumstances but I am going to ask it anyways.

Back in 2004 - 2008 I had done undergraduate work at a pharmacy school and graduated with a B.S. in pharmaceutical sciences. Initially my plans were to graduate with a pharmD degree but life circumstances hit me hard and I ended with poor grades. I removed myself from the pharmD program and, as I mentioned, graduated.

In 2011 I had reapplied to the school with the intentions of completing my pharmD degree. I had all my life affairs in order and I was ready to finish my education. So here I am, in my last year of school on my APPE rotations.

I am interested in applying for a PGY1 residency, but here is where things get a little tricky. I have to submit my transcript to phorcas. Phorcas states that they only require transcripts from schools of pharmacy. I tried to explain that to my registrars office, but they said that they will be sending ALL of my transcripts, even my grades from over 10 years ago.

Like I mentioned before my grades were not that good when I had initially begun my college career. But the second time around my GPA is a lot better, I will graduate with a >3.5.

So the question is will residencies look at my grades from 10 years ago? Will phorcas transcript verification even put in my grades from 10 years ago, or will both parties only focus on my grades from 2011 - 2015 as this is a current representation of my pharmacy school grades?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

When I was a resident and we were selecting applicants to interview, all we were really looking at when reviewing grades was the final GPA on the pharmacy school transcript. If the GPA on that transcript doesn't include your undegrad grades, then the program likely won't look at them.