Will PAY $$$$. Need to Switch CS (I have LA)!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CarpeDiem2008

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so from what I read this is perfectly allowed, just discouraged by the NBME. If this is not allowed please inform me and I will retract this post. For interested takers, please private message me. I prefer Chicago (but not necessary) and I need it to be before March 22. I will pay a reasonable gratuity via paypal for your troubles.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, so from what I read this is perfectly allowed, just discouraged by the NBME. If this is not allowed please inform me and I will retract this post. For interested takers, please private message me. I prefer Chicago (but not necessary) and I need it to be before March 22. I will pay a reasonable gratuity via paypal for your troubles.

I dont think you got the right information. Here's the message that they have posted on the step 2 cs scheduling site:

It has come to our attention that some Step 2 CS registrants have offered to exchange their scheduled testing appointments for those of other registrants who must take Step 2 CS by specific deadlines. The exchange of testing appointments between applicants is not consistent with the "first-come, first-served" basis on which Step 2 CS testing appointments are offered. It is also highly unlikely to be successful. If you are registered for Step 2 CS, you should know that:

* The Step 2 CS Calendar and Scheduling system does not allow an applicant to reserve his/her scheduled testing appointment for another applicant, nor does it allow the transfer of a testing appointment from one applicant to another. When an applicant cancels a scheduled appointment, the appointment returns to the pool of available testing appointments where it can be claimed by other registrants.

* At any given time, there are many applicants registered for Step 2 CS who may be attempting to schedule or reschedule testing appointments. It is common for appointments that become available to be claimed immediately by another applicant.

* The Step 2 CS Scheduling E-mail Notification System allows registered applicants to indicate their preferences for test dates and centers. When a testing appointment is canceled, all applicants participating in the e-mail notification system who have expressed a preference for this date/center are notified immediately by e-mail.

The best way for registered applicants to monitor the availability of testing appointments is to indicate their preferences for dates/centers using the Step 2 CS Scheduling E-mail Notification System. To indicate your preferences, follow the link Add/Edit Scheduling E-mail Notifications.

For detailed information on policies and procedures related to Step 2 CS scheduling and rescheduling, refer to the USMLE Bulletin of Information.