Will my WS suffer ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kabtq9s

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My exam is in 9 days. I rely heavily on hypothetical examples for my WS essays, I am just not good coming up with real examples from news or historical events. As u might have guessed I simply don't have the time to go through all of these prompts and come up with specific non-hypothetical examples (like TPR recommends).

So my question is .. If I follow all the rules of the prompt and write a well structured essay using only hypothetical examples .. will this give me a decent score ?

thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

DO not worry much. I took TPR class and they told me the same thing. I didn't listen and used hypothetical examples for both my essays. I recevied a Q. I do rec. following the structure TPR tells you to use. And i also never did one practice essay. You will be fine Good luck!

From what I understand, essay graders look on how well you have accomplished three tasks. As long as you explicitly follow the rules of the prompt and write an organized essay, you can use only hypothetical examples and receive a decent score.

My friend did the same thing on both passages. She made some random law up and some other example. She told me to write as much detail as you can about your fake example. She got a R...so I wouldn't worry about it.....

Actually, it is a general strategy used by everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's true what is said here. You just have to be sure to include as much detail as possible, and to make sure that you are properly arguing the tasks that have been given to you. As long as you know how to properly support a stance, and to write a Thesis-Antithesis essay, you'll be fine. :)

I used hypothetical answers on both essays and ended up with a Q. I also did not practice writing before my exam. You're fine.