Will my Bio Grade or History Grade Determine Performance for AP Pysch

D

deleted421268

In my school AP Pysch was listed as a social studies elective which I do not understand why it's social studies elective and not science?? Also is Pyschology more similar to Biology or History???

Members don't see this ad.

From what I have heard it is under a social studies elective because it deals with the logic of action/reaction which is more history related than bio. However in practice the course will be more of a science course.

Ideally I will take AP Pshyc in my senior year so this is just some information I have collected from other seniors so this might not be the best answer.

Psychology is a very broad field, it can range from hardcore biology ( Biopsych & Neuroscience, evolutionary psychology, animal behavior/ behavioral ecology) to applied biology and applied social science ( Psychopathology, cognitive science, developmental psychology) and then to purely social science ( Social Psychology). It fundamentally is a social science because its main interest is to dissect behavior and cognition, but it of all the social science is likely the most truly scientific and similar to biology.

I personally am both a psychology major and a neurophysiology major and I can say that they draw from each other a lot.