Medical Will it look bad on my med school app if I switch to part-time work while I complete pre-reqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
I’m torturing myself trying to balance doing my DIY-Post-Bacc, work and ECs. I’m planning on taking Chem II and Physics I in the fall with the rest of the coming in pairs until spring 24 when I plan to study and take the MCAT. Will it look like I can’t handle the rigor if I work part time during the semester? Am I overthinking it?

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did move to part-time. Now I’m debating on taking physics I and chemistry II at a community college. I had to take general chemistry I at a community college due to working full time. I have a bachelors, 3.98 GPA with several upper level biology classes at a 4 year. I do plan on taking organic, physics II and bio chem at a 4 year. Thoughts?

If the preponderance of your pre-reqs are at a 4 year university, it isn’t the end of the world if a couple are at the CC level. Just check the admission requirements at a few of your target schools to make sure they don’t specify that the pre reqs need to be at a 4 year

Status
Not open for further replies.