Will I get into Uconn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JayMiranti

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
heres my deal: I graduated from U. Rochester last may, math degree, 3.64 cum, 3.43 bcpm. I applied last year, but got a 26Q on the MCAT (10v, 7P, 9b, Q), so I interviewed at uconn, and was waitlisted, but did not get in.

This time around I got a 28M MCAT (10v, 9p, 9b), I thought I broke 30 for sure but what can you do? I also got straight A's all of last year in reasonable courses.

I know a 28 isnt a great score, but I feel like it could be enough to end this nightmare. Anyone agree/disagree? Im a CT resident with applications out ALL over the place, especially looking to hear from uconn, already got an interview dec. 1st, think ill get in? think I wont? tell me why.

Members don't see this ad.

CHECK OUT WWW.PREMED.UCONN.EDU

Click on Specific Information to take a look at profiles of students were have matriculated into the school for the previous years from UCONN. There are a number of people at or below your numbers. Best of luck. I too have selected UCONN as my number one choice. Hope to see you there in the fall.

Rochester is an excellent undergrad school and your numbers are solid, so that is in your favor. U Conn is a tough state school to get into though, so be sure to let them know if they are your first choice, be persistent, etc.. Tufts also seems to accept a good # of CT residents if my class is any indication, and there were a # of people from CT at my NYMC interview as well. good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
you got a 50% chance.

:D

same goes for all other schools.

PS. Im white, Have been an EMT for 5 years, 22 years old.

Thanks for the responses so far, last year I sent the dean an email saying that Uconn was my first choice, what other methods of being "persistent" should I use? Letters, phone calls, ?

Also, in the meantime this year, I am working as a long-term sub third grade teacher in an inner-city school system, think that will score me some points? or should I bail and go back to EMTing, or something medically related?

Your responses are greatly appreciated

I find the previous posters comments out of line, FMG's and DO's deserve just as much respect as MD's. Your post reeks of elitism, you need to grow up or you will make a HORRIBLE doctor.

come on i didnt come on here to be engulfed into internet forum culture of being dissed and coming back with a counter-diss, i just seriously want to know what people think, if you dont care, dont respond.