Will I get into Marquette?

Ryguy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 3.34 gpa and scored a 24 on the act. I don't really have any extra activities beside a varsity sport and some community service hours each year. I plan on retaking the act again and hope to get a higher score. I am looking to go into the dentistry field. Do I have a shot at Marquette?

Thanks
Ryan

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I have a 3.34 gpa and scored a 24 on the act. I don't really have any extra activities beside a varsity sport and some community service hours each year. I plan on retaking the act again and hope to get a higher score. I am looking to go into the dentistry field. Do I have a shot at Marquette?

Thanks
Ryan

From what it seems, the average ACT score is a 26 with 80% of the applicants testing between the 24-28 range. So if you take it again and score a 27, you would be a little bit more competitive on that end of things. They have no GPA cut off listed, but they do list that 36% of their students were in the top 10% of their graduating class and 71% were in the top 25% of their high school graduating class. Are you aware of what your class rank currently is?

Also, here is a list of things the college specifically looks at when people apply:

Secondary School Record: Very Important

Class Rank: Important

High School GPA: Very Important

SAT/ACT Scores: Important

Application Essay: Important

Recommendations: Important

Interview: Not Considered

Extracurricular Activities: Considered

Talent/ability: Considered

Character/personal qualities: Considered

Volunteer Work: Not Considered

Work Experience: Not Considered

As of getting into the dentistry field, you would attend Marquette and then apply to their College of Dentistry after your degree. But someone who knows the dental admission process will offer better help on this :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Badger, I don't know my class rank because my high school discontinued rankings a couple years ago. I would assume I am around the top quarter.

I had never seen that before on the CollegeBoard website! Awesome tool! :thumbup:

It's located on the bottom right hand corner of the Summary page of all school profiles. (If I recall correctly.) It's very helpful!