Will I get in to PT school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alyshahj803

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a student at the University of Texas-Austin. As of right now my GPA is around the low 2.0 and still have to finish all of my classes for my degree. I have taken classes at numerous community college and my GPA there is about 3.7. I still need to take my GRE and finish all of my prerequisites. I also have been volunteering at a physical therapy clinic and am about to have two more this fall. So I will have 150+ hours of volunteering.

-What are my chances of getting into a DPT program?
-Which programs do I actually have a chance of getting into?

And any other information would be helpful

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on how many credits you have towards the 2.0 and how many credits towards the 3.7. Find out your overall GPA and you'll have an easier time figuring your situation out.

Also is there a trend from low grades to high grades? That says something to the schools about yourself and can make them more leniant with the lower grades.

Try to boost your GPA with the pre-reqs needed and definitely study for your GRE. One thing that could significantly help is strong letters of rec from PT's you interacted with. Apply and don't give up!