Will grad in Post Bac courses affect undergrad GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phisigman03

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated with higher than a 3 point but since I didn't get in Med school my first try I decided to go back for Post Bac inorder to dodge repayment. Now I am clowning around and I might come out with a bad grade. Will that affect the GPA that I graduated with?????? and since I have already been accepted will I have to worry about my college transcript anymore?????

Members don't see this ad.

phisigman03 said:
I graduated with higher than a 3 point but since I didn't get in Med school my first try I decided to go back for Post Bac inorder to dodge repayment. Now I am clowning around and I might come out with a bad grade. Will that affect the GPA that I graduated with?????? and since I have already been accepted will I have to worry about my college transcript anymore?????
Yeah, all post-bac (but not graduate) courses get averaged into your undergrad GPA. Only graduate courses are computed separately...

I don't know how that changes much if you're already accepted, perhaps someone with experience there can offer input. :)

I'm not too clear on what the OP is saying, or what the title says for that matter. Is the OP taking grad courses? Did the OP get into med school? The way I read it was the OP got in the second try but is not doing to well after finding out that they got into med school.

Based on this, assuming your post-bacc program has you taking undergraduate classes, then your performance in post-bacc will be included in your overall undergraduate GPA. If this is the case, and if your performance falls below the school's requirements, then they have the ability to revoke your admissions ( http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=203846&highlight=Bad+Grades+Admission ).

Although I can understand the desire to relax after being accepted, it doesn't justify it. Seriously how much effort would be required to do the same thing you've been doing for the past many years? Don't want to sound harsh but this is essentially walking the last 100yards of a marathon because you are way ahead of the pack. Kinda insulting to everyone in the race, and those that administrate the race. My major professor has always said "try to finish in style"..and that applies here. :rolleyes: