Medical Will failing a P/F zero credit course that appears on transcript hurt me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I failed a course that has no credits (ie. does not factor into GPA) but is on my transcript. I have a 3.9+ GPA besides this one incident. Do adcom members pay attention to courses not factored into GPA? Will this be viewed in a negative way in my application, should I explain it? This course cannot be retaken.
This won't be lethal, but like a black spot on a white canvas, my eye would go directly to it. "How do you fail a no credit course???", one would think.

As such, I would grill you about this in interview.

Many secondaries have spaces for "Anything else you want to add?" or "Explain any poor grades". Use them

Members don't see this ad.

Introductory course for freshman honors students introducing them to the university I attended. Course was based on two assignments, turned in one late not realizing no late credit and failed. Learned to read the syllabus.

I have addressed them in my secondaries, hoping for the best.
like an orientation

Members don't see this ad :)
Somewhat like a 7 week long orientation on steroids that managed to make its way on to my transcript. Went beyond typical orientation about the school and its resources and made you create a LinkedIn, taught you how to interview (not really), and other somewhat useful information
I believe it was called Honors Foundations. It was an actual course that was required.
Dang, that honestly sounds horrible.

Introductory course for freshman honors students introducing them to the university I attended. Course was based on two assignments, turned in one late not realizing no late credit and failed. Learned to read the syllabus.

I have addressed them in my secondaries, hoping for the best.
While normally this is not good, the fact that you were a freshman is your saving grace.

Status
Not open for further replies.