Will Biotech certificate help me get into med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sublimeparadox

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows if an additional biotechnology certification will help me get into medical school. I still plan on doing volunteer work, shadowing, researching, getting in the hospital, maintaining a high GPA, and a strong MCAT score. I just also have to work while I am still in community college and that is when I plan to use the certification (job to survive and pay bills). If that doesn't help then I'd rather speed up my time on transferring to UCLA. This is where I have more info on the type of certification that this is Los Angeles Mission College - Biotechnology Courses.
or just help me by going to the Los Angeles Mission College official website and searching allied health programs.
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I drop the courses?

Only if you want to. If this is something you genuinely want to do, go for it. You said you were going to use it to work after? Then go ahead! Your future plans should not focus on "does this look good to med schools." Instead, you should ask yourself "is this something I want to do?"

Reactions: 2 users
Only if you want to. If this is something you genuinely want to do, go for it. You said you were going to use it to work after? Then go ahead! Your future plans should not focus on "does this look good to med schools." Instead, you should ask yourself "is this something I want to do?"

I want to do something more like in the pharmacy tech side, I would prefer doing that.

Only if you're not interested in them.
I was told by my counselor to take that path instead of pharmacy tech. I was more interested in getting a certificate for pharmacy tech. I feel it would be something I'd like more since I hate QC work. I used to work as a QC for a food company and food science isn't really my passion.