Other OT-Related Information Will be missing first two days of OT program :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scratchy

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Unfortunately, the first two days of class in my OT program fall out on the Jewish holiday of Shavuot. I'm so distressed at the thought of missing my first two days of class, but it can't be helped. My professors were always understanding and accommodating regarding needing to miss class for holidays in my undergraduate program, but it's bothering me to no end to have to start my relationship with my new program by asking for special accomidations. Have any of you had any experience with this? Any advice or suggestions on the most tactful letting the program know about this conflict? Any help would be really appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all!

Unfortunately, the first two days of class in my OT program fall out on the Jewish holiday of Shavuot. I'm so distressed at the thought of missing my first two days of class, but it can't be helped. My professors were always understanding and accommodating regarding needing to miss class for holidays in my undergraduate program, but it's bothering me to no end to have to start my relationship with my new program by asking for special accomidations. Have any of you had any experience with this? Any advice or suggestions on the most tactful letting the program know about this conflict? Any help would be really appreciated!
Notify them early (like now) and provide them with some ideas for accommodations (perhaps you can provide them with some sort of digital recorder so you can listen to those classes later)-- I think places are always more receptive to accommodations if you tell them you ideas and give plenty of notice- show that you're responsible about the accommodations you need and that you plan ahead. You may even considering giving them an outlook into any days you may need to miss this first semester-- it's possible they have experience working around your religious traditions with another student, too!