will a pass in psychiatry hurt me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bhop

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im not sure what I am going into yet but obviously its not going to be psychiatry. I worked really hard actually and expected to get Honors...very sad. But the grade was completely subjective, based on the whim of one attending (no tests and the Shelf did not count) so I just got a pass. Anyway - will this hurt from getting into a descent place for medicine (in which I got a high pass) or anything else??? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

You are doomed. You will never get a residency now, especially in medicine since it is so competitive. WTF? Stupid question!

Members don't see this ad :)
you go to drexel - youre stupid.
just kidding of course. =)

It's now half way through your third year and you don't know the answer to this question nor have you experienced subjective evaluations?

You're screwed. Schedule a meeting with your dean immediately.

To the OP: IF your question was serious, you and people like you are ridiculous. I hope to never encounter a person like you in real life. I rather do a residency in Antarctica than go to a "decent" program that trains people like you. Frankly, you deserve to get your a*s kicked for asking a question like that. I hope you cry over your pass.

You aren't as great as you think you are and your attending(s) felt the same way.

Last edited:
Yes as everyone else said it doesn't matter. You passed its not as if they failed you.

I was on psych for five weeks and none of my attendings filled out my evaluation for psych and they got someone I presented one patient to fill out my evaluation (an attending I was with as my original attending was sick for a week and they decided to move me to another service for the last day). Yeah evaluations are subjective but they won't ruin your life.