Wildly fluctuating scores on UWorld blocks...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rule out normal

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have this happen? Just took two back-to-back blocks. First block I got 50% (avg 55%), then the next block got 69% (avg 60%)...is this a common occurence? I've done about 40% of the entire Qbank.

Members don't see this ad.

I just started (done maybe 150 questions in 20-40 Q blocks) but I noticed the same thing. Jumps around by as much as 30% for me. It's disconcerting lol (I was much more consistent with Kaplan, dunno what's up)

I once got 84% and 48% on two different blocks on the same day. I always took it to mean that I have certain specific deficiencies and strengths, so my scores vary depending on what was stressed on that particular block.

if you have this problem (and it is a problem) you need to go to the cumulative performance section in UW, see where your gaps are, and take appropriate steps to fix them. this is assuming you're doing random blocks.

I think it just means that one test had more topics that you are less familiar with than the other test. The analysis sections breaks down your cumulative percentages for specific topics. Use that to figure out your weaknesses.