why wont they send it earlier

KASALAPIC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out that the premed committee at my undergrad won’t be able to send out the LOR for me until the end of October. I wanted to turn in my application as early as possible but now my file won’t be complete until November. Has this happen to anybody?

Members don't see this ad.

That is fine - my file was close to complete back in October/November and they still granted me interviews before I took my OAT...

Right now my file is still incomplete because I am taking the OAT soon but I am still under consideration for Fall 2007 admission because all of the rest of my materials are in.

November for your LOR shouldn't be a problem if you are applying for 2008.

will schools in particular SUNY and NECO grant me an interview before they recieve LOR from my undergrad? I will have an LOR from an optometrist but none from premed committe until early nov.

I'm not sure about NECO but I was granted an interview at SUNY before they had my undergrad committee letter - so yes, if you send in your application early and they review your file - they will bring you in before all of your letters are in.

I'm so jealous that you are planning this far ahead - wish I had done that as well!! Good luck and don't let anyone tell you that you are "too early"...there's no such thing!