Medical "why us" secondary. Is this the time to talk about things like environment, city, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In"why us" prompts, is it appropriate to talk about things like you'd enjoy the city, community, or the surrounding amenities of the city? What should this prompt really be about?
In this prompt, I spoke about why I liked the school in particular. Which programs does the school offer that you feel will help you get to where you want to be? I think this prompt should be geared more towards the school, but you can also state something about the location.

Members don't see this ad.

There are multiple ways to go about these prompts. My strategy was:

1. Look at the mission of the school. Most are generic, but some will have something unique, like providing primary care to the state's population in the case of a state school.

2. Figure out what underprivileged population the school serves, and if that population interests you, write about it.

3. Do some research and figure out if there is anything unique about the school. This is hard, but if you do it well, it can truly show them you are interested.

4. Last, you can focus on location, but if the program is in an in-demand area, this will be less effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.