Why type of applicants are accepted to the UC post-pacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovemedi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.7culm, 3.5 science (tho a downtrend), and a 27-28MCAT. Would they even consider me or must the science and/or MCAT be considerably lower?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Retake the MCAT and apply to a MD program. Why are you even considering a post bacc? Your GPA, even with a downward trend, is above/ at the mean for some schools...

It should ring a bell if you have to worry that your stats are too good for a PostBacc/SMP

Retake the MCAT and apply to a MD program. Why are you even considering a post bacc? Your GPA, even with a downward trend, is above/ at the mean for some schools...

It should ring a bell if you have to worry that your stats are too good for a PostBacc/SMP
really? because I had thought even those with good GPA's took it for maybe MCAT help or advice from faculty on the app. so is the post-bacc mostly for those with lower GPA's?

Members don't see this ad :)
really? because I had thought even those with good GPA's took it for maybe MCAT help or advice from faculty on the app. so is the post-bacc mostly for those with lower GPA's?

You want to spend 50k+ on "maybe mcat help or faculty advice"?!

Even if you spent 5k on a mcat boot camp course it would still be infinitely cheaper. Save your money and time, instead focus on retaking the mcat. This program is a waste for you.

Reactions: 2 users
MCAT help costs 2000-3000 and even if you go via a private tutor it will be a lot cheaper than program.

Reactions: 1 user
I checked up the aamc rules and apparently i don't qualify as disadvantaged. I am mainly concernced because my science GPA has a downward and my MCAT, but I guess I can possibly sign up for classes.

Tho i must say, it's very interesting because a friend who got into the UC Irvine one was NOT disadvantaged (and lived the good life in an amazing Newport Beach apartment her whole life). Wonder how she wiggled her way in....

I checked up the aamc rules and apparently i don't qualify as disadvantaged. I am mainly concernced because my science GPA has a downward and my MCAT, but I guess I can possibly sign up for classes.

Tho i must say, it's very interesting because a friend who got into the UC Irvine one was NOT disadvantaged (and lived the good life in an amazing Newport Beach apartment her whole life). Wonder how she wiggled her way in....
You can take 2 science classes for the next three quarters or 3 classes per semester and get an A and that will be your upward trend. That would cost you at max around 6k which is 10% of an SMP.

You can take 2 science classes for the next three quarters or 3 classes per semester and get an A and that will be your upward trend. That would cost you at max around 6k which is 10% of an SMP.
yeah but doesn't UC post bacc offer some sort of grants or financial aid?