Why November :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ideas

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well my transcripts were uploaded to ERAS finally and now comes the waiting game. At least a few programs were nice enough to send an email stating to expect a response in November. Sigh :( How did you guys deal with this anxiety!!!

I have gotten some TY interviews though, so at least that's a plus. I'll be getting those out of the way early :)

Members don't see this ad.

My school hasn't uploaded transcripts yet. No TY interviews either. I think your doing good.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard of any. Just one PY from my own school for me. Probably 1/3 of the radonc programs haven't even downloaded my app yet. Patience....

Yeah, patience. And Xanax..and Prozac. For many of you, fourth year may be the hardest year of med school! It certainly was for me..the stress alone of the application and waiting process was torture. Anyway, despite the hell you're in for, it's totally worth it :smuggrin: You might think you already understand that it's worth it..but then you start intern year and you look around at every other specialty with your radonc lenses on..you get one year of what most everyone else signed a lifetime contract for..then you REALLY know it's worth it!!!

Yeah, patience. And Xanax..and Prozac. For many of you, fourth year may be the hardest year of med school! It certainly was for me..the stress alone of the application and waiting process was torture. Anyway, despite the hell you're in for, it's totally worth it :smuggrin: You might think you already understand that it's worth it..but then you start intern year and you look around at every other specialty with your radonc lenses on..you get one year of what most everyone else signed a lifetime contract for..then you REALLY know it's worth it!!!

You said it baby. Every morning when I'm stumbling around trying to get notes written on 11 patients before 8 AM (it never happens), or when I'm stuck in clinic filling out 'pre-authorization forms', or I get another stupid page at 3AM because 'Mr. Jones can't sleep and wants an ambien' I get take deep breaths and think....rad oooonc. 9 more months! I actually sit and gloat in front of the IM residents in my program. And to you 4th years, try to get a good TY. 'Cause even though it's only a year that has no bearing on the rest of your professional life - it's still a year of your life. Don't be like me....get a good TY

Thanks for this post - I only hit 'submit' last Sunday, and I'm already pretty darned neurotic. You're right, this will definitely be worth the wait....IF I get in:D If not, I'll need to match psychiatry just to fix my PTSD from the radonc waiting game!

Seriously.... Patience....

Most programs haven't even downloaded and printed out all the applications, much less gone through them to decide to whom to extend interviews.

I'm sure quite a few programs haven't even finalized interview dates at this point.