Why not GRADE the Step II CS?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JKP

Black Cloud
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If they're going to make us shell out $$$ for the CS exam, why don't they grade us, give us feedback on our performance, and let PD's use it as a tool for resident selection? (I'm putting my asbestos suit on right NOW.... GO!) :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

too subjective; virtually impossible to standardize numerically and then quantify.

It would become harder to arbitrarily fail people and, in general, would make it even more abundantly clear what a complete waste the thing is.

I heard they are gonna get rid of the thing completely soon. anybody know any news about that?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard this same rumor. But they should milk it for all its worth now, unless it's now panned out to not do what it was supposed to do...

They just sent out an email to dispel that rumor, assuring everyone that step2 CS isnt going anywhere.

JKP said:
If they're going to make us shell out $$$ for the CS exam, why don't they grade us, give us feedback on our performance, and let PD's use it as a tool for resident selection? (I'm putting my asbestos suit on right NOW.... GO!) :smuggrin:

Better yet, why not do away with the bloody thing all together and make assessment of clinical skills a requirement for a medical school to be accredited in the US.

I really fell like the medical schools completely dropped the ball on this one.

-PB