Why no COMLEX II Discussions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raspberry swirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, im a 3rd year, just starting to poke around this forum and get some info about Step II. im finding tons of USMLE Step II info, but nothing really on COMLEX ... is it safe to assume that whatever has been recommended for the USMLE Step II is equally as helpful for the COMLEX? the consensus i have gathered from these threads is that people recommend some combination of USMLEworld, Step 2 Secrets, NBME self assessments, Crush the Boards, and/or Boards and Wards, as well as skimming back through the high yield things you should have read during rotations (ie blueprints obgyn and peds). if i add Savarese to cover the OMT questions, will i be set for COMLEX II? i took both the COMLEX and USMLE Step I, and studied similarily for both, so im hoping to do the same again. any comments on COMLEX II would be greatly appreciated. if i failed to see a previous thread that answers my questions, i apologize, and i would appreciate a link! thanks in advance :)

Raspberry Swirl

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I just took COMLEX II yesterday. Thought it wasn't too bad overall except for the medicolegal/business related questions...was anyone else taught that kind of stuff? Oh well, usually it was only 1-2 questions/block so hopefully won't be too important. Had about 4-5 OMM questions/block. Maybe 3 cranial questions total, 2 sacrum questions. The rest were viscerosomatic levels, psoas, and random stuff. I thought the test was much improved from COMLEX I with clearer questions and better pictures for the most part. Around 10 EKG's. Of course there were a few WTF kind of questions that I didn't quite figure out but overall not bad at all. My resources: Crush Step II, Boards & Wards, parts of Blueprints OB/Gyn and Peds, Savarese OMT (skimmed the day before the test). Good luck for those still to take it.

Rasberry swirl,

If you do a search in this forum, you should be able to find some of the previous discussions we've had about the COMLEX II computer exam, and the PE. Good luck on your test!

community