Why no Clinical Psychology forum in the "Healthcare Professional Forums?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is the reason of distinguishing psychiatry and clinical psychology?
The only one I can think of is to give a different name to medical doctors and psychologists, but outside that to me it seems like debating the sex of angels.
Even so, why discussing the same patients in different forums?
I think the discussion may only benefit from an exchange of opinions between different mental health professionals.
What do you think JKD?
What issues do you think coud be addressed in such a forum that do not fit in a psychiatry forum?

Well it would be helpful as far as training issues, salary, and such. With all the talk between here and the neurology forum about psychology, it might not hurt.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Sanman
Well it would be helpful as far as training issues, salary, and such. With all the talk between here and the neurology forum about psychology, it might not hurt.

Agree.

And don't forget things like research, DISSERTATION (sigh......), testing and assessments, job prospects......clinical psychology is not just about doing psychotherapy, just like psychiatry is not just about giving drugs. Even though both psychiatry and clinical psychology deal with patients / clients with emotional distress or psychiatric disorders, clinical psychology does face unique issues.

Can't forget clinical neuropsychology and research careers for PhDs and PsyDs because Master's level therapists seem to be doing all the therapy. These are important issues that are more or less independent of psychiatry.

I agree that SDN should have a clinical psychology forum.

Originally posted by PublicHealth
Can't forget clinical neuropsychology and research careers for PhDs and PsyDs because Master's level therapists seem to be doing all the therapy. These are important issues that are more or less independent of psychiatry.

I agree that SDN should have a clinical psychology forum.

How should we go about doing that? Is there a person / moderator we could email?