Why is there no free and integrated place to find open pgy-2 positions? System

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JerryMeister

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So now there is no AAFP hotline (1-800-288-2668) to make residents aware of open pgy-2 positions as it has been eliminated:mad:. Can anyone offer insight into WHY there is no seamless integrated system which allows med studs/residents to find programs (in ANY specialty) who need PGY-2 residents to fill vacated positions without having to pay the shylocks at Find A Resident?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
find a resident
resident swap
frieda
Otherwise
go to individual specialty website and some of them do have a list of open positions.
surgery
pathology
plastics
urology
orthopedics

I believe have somelists on their websites.

Another one that is great that I have found recently, maybe not very useful but does have ample ways of contacting recruiters is...

careermd.com

Good luck!

The AMA website has a list of open positions in the resident section under: Career Developement
If you are a DO the AOA website has a listing of AOA post match unfilled spots as well

If you were interested in psych - on the APA website there is a listing of open positions under residents and then finding vacancies

lol @ "free".
But I thought aliens were technologically much more advanced? Wonder why u had to come all the way here for residency?
Anyway, welcome to planet earth.

Last edited: