Why does everyone keep saying it's the end of the cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shava9865

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought that the priority deadline was April 1st, and that the regular deadlines are at the end of June? I'm confused...I understand schools admit on a rolling basis, but if I decide to apply, am I really that late in the cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

I thought that the priority deadline was April 1st, and that the regular deadlines are at the end of June? I'm confused...I understand schools admit on a rolling basis, but if I decide to apply, am I really that late in the cycle?

The cycle starts in September. I didn't do all the math, but it's definitely in the second half or beyond.

It's pretty late in the cycle chief. If you apply now, you most likely won't have interviews until sometime next month. Some schools have their classes filled or nearly filled already. I would call the admissions department at the programs you are interested in to see how many spots are truly left. I would imagine OCPM has some spots open still, their class size is enormous (125 students).

Good luck