Why does DC have it's own MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rattlergirl53

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
They are not a state and have no representation in the house or senate and have no governor. They should be attached to Maryland or Virginia for board purposes.

Im not studying to take the MPJE but one of my friends is having to get licensed in MD and DC. I was like really DC they can't just have the same rules as MD or VA.

Okay end of my pointless rant :)

Members don't see this ad.

They are not a state and have no representation in the house or senate and have no governor. They should be attached to Maryland or Virginia for board purposes.

Im not studying to take the MPJE but one of my friends is having to get licensed in MD and DC. I was like really DC they can't just have the same rules as MD or VA.

Okay end of my pointless rant :)

What state is DC part of that they share pharmacy related laws? It sucks but DC has it's own laws therefore a separate exam. It isn't fun but if someone is going to practice in the DMV they probably have to take 2-3 exams. Similar things happen for people working near other state lines.

What state is DC part of that they share pharmacy related laws? It sucks but DC has it's own laws therefore a separate exam. It isn't fun but if someone is going to practice in the DMV they probably have to take 2-3 exams. Similar things happen for people working near other state lines.

Could be worse. Could be the 4 corners.

Anyone of you writing for DC MPJE. I did a score transfer to DC while writing my NAPLEX, So what is the next step to write DC Law exam. Any Idea

Members don't see this ad :)

Yeah, unfortunately. I have to get myself ready to take those 3 exams when I graduate. :lame:

Is it safe to do pharmacy in DC? My store (not in DC) was once gun-robbed. It was really scary. The guy told us he needed some oxycodone. We gave him all we have with a free bag.

Last edited: