Why do you want to become a pathologist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Why are you so attracted to pathology?

• I've always wanted to become a dermatopathologist

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • From the day I was born I knew I'd be a CSI!

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I want to become a 'fessor and help find the cure for cancer

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • I love the hours and the grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat lifestyle!

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • I have no patience for patients

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • I couldn't get radiology

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • The pay is awesome!

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I'm a freak of nature

Votes: 22 40.0%

• Total voters

Harbster

Who cares?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reasons why we want to become a pathologist.

Members don't see this ad.

i already told you my reasons for going into path when we had those guinness's a while back. need i remind you again? get yo ass back down to A2...your turn to come down here this time damnit! :D

oh...this is a poll...nevermind then.

AndyMilonakis said:
i already told you my reasons for going into path when we had those guinness's a while back. need i remind you again? get yo ass back down to A2...your turn to come down here this time damnit! :D

oh...this is a poll...nevermind then.

you're a trip, dude. hahaha

Members don't see this ad :)
Because I want to be surrounded by beautiful people. Duh.

Because I like the feeling of "knowing everything" in medicine...because I like to ask why and understand how things work...because I want to have a significant say in patient care decisions...because I like being a consultant...because it's a broad field with many career choices...because I like continually learning new things...because I have many interests outside medicine...because I like the laid back personalities in path...because I don't care to be in the limelight...because I want to wear jeans to work...I could go on and on! :love:

cytoborg said:

Because I like the feeling of "knowing everything" in medicine...because I like to ask why and understand how things work...because I want to have a significant say in patient care decisions...because I like being a consultant...because it's a broad field with many career choices...because I like continually learning new things...because I have many interests outside medicine...because I like the laid back personalities in path...because I don't care to be in the limelight...because I want to wear jeans to work...I could go on and on! :love:

Well place your vote!

cytoborg said:

cut the crap dude. interviews are over!

just kidding. yes....beautiful women, guns, tranquilizer darts, water fountains, etc etc etc.

AndyMilonakis said:
he did dude...don't get your panties in a bunch.

Humph. Thank you.

We dudes in wheelchairs need Pedro's protection.

cytoborg said:
Humph. Thank you.

We dudes in wheelchairs need Pedro's protection.

1. Pedro does offer you his protection.
2. Whatever you do, don't drink water out of a water fountain.
3. Harbster, have some compassion man...the dude is in a WHEELCHAIR!

deschutes said:
Did you interview in a wheelchair?

No. It was Andy's painfully politically incorrect ploy to guilt LADoc00 into spilling his beans of wisdom.

cytoborg said:
No. It was Andy's painfully politically incorrect ploy to guilt LADoc00 into spilling his beans of wisdom.
and it worked didn't it?

it wasn't painful for me one bit on this end at least. can i have my wheelchair back now? i haven't left home ever since i gave it to you. immobility is a b*tch!

AndyMilonakis said:
can i have my wheelchair back now? i haven't left home ever since i gave it to you. immobility is a b*tch!

Hmm...think I'll keep it. I kinda like how it fits with my "Masked Machine" image.

Members don't see this ad :)
Spilling his beans of wisdom? :laugh: :laugh: I like the way you mix up your metaphors! Somewhat like casting beans to swine.

Doesn't "Masked Machine" connote some degree of slick well-oiled movement? Sure isn't going to happen with a wheelchair!

cytoborg said:
Hmm...think I'll keep it. I kinda like how it fits with my "Masked Machine" image.
cmon man....i'm getting ulcers that even frequent turnings can't fix now.

deschutes said:
Doesn't "Masked Machine" connote some degree of slick well-oiled movement? Sure isn't going to happen with a wheelchair!
Hey now. Luke Skywalker had a robotic arm and was pretty damn good with a light saber. And I've seen those dudes play basketball on TV. Pretty sure they could kick my ass.

I'm the only one who has no patience for patients?

Odd. I thought hating people was the whole basis for this field. :p

yaah said:
I'm the only one who has no patience for patients?

Odd. I thought hating people was the whole basis for this field. :p

I have no idea wtf deshutes, cytoborg, and Andy are talking about. They are like a bunch of thugs loitering on my thread. Scram ya hoodlums!

Dear Harbster,

I am waiting for "all of the above" to be made an option in "Why do you want to become a pathologist... Part Deux". And don't cures vary with the type of cancer?

Sincerely yours,

deschutes.

deschutes said:
It's been nearly 24 hours. The effect of those chilli peppers should have worn off by now.
no no...it has nothing to do with my diet. i was laughing and almost shat.

deschutes said:
Dear Harbster,

I am waiting for "all of the above" to be made an option in "Why do you want to become a pathologist... Part Deux". And don't cures vary with the type of cancer?

Sincerely yours,

deschutes.

Dear Thug,

Please depart from my thread. If you chose to stay, I am forced to let Yaah take care of you.

Sincerely,
Harbster

deschutes said:
Methinks 'tis time you and me depart for the lounge.
girl, i'm already there....i'm at both places at the same time.

deschutes said:
Methinks 'tis time you and me depart for the lounge.

:laugh: Where's Yaah at???

where is the "i-didn't-know-what-i-wanted-to-do-with-my-life-until-the-path-forum-and-then-i-knew-i-wanted-to-be-like-andy" option???

PFCortex said:
where is the "i-didn't-know-what-i-wanted-to-do-with-my-life-until-the-path-forum-and-then-i-knew-i-wanted-to-be-like-andy" option???
yes...i like this option. Harbster, are you getting this?

Harbster said:
I have no idea wtf deshutes, cytoborg, and Andy are talking about. They are like a bunch of thugs loitering on my thread. Scram ya hoodlums!
Watch out, I've got a light saber too. You don't mess with a thug with a light saber.

cytoborg said:
Watch out, I've got a light saber too. You don't mess with a thug with a light saber.
i'm having too much fun picturing this...a dude in a wheelchair yielding a light saber...

It must have wings.

star-wars-smiley-023.gif

darkhelmet.jpg

"now you know that evil shall always triumph...for good is dumb."

There is something the matter with Darth, but I can't put my finger on it. Could it be that the weight of his head has crushed his neck into his body?

deschutes said:
There is something the matter with Darth, but I can't put my finger on it. Could it be that the weight of his head has crushed his neck into his body?
have you seen Spaceballs?

it's Dark Helmet, played by Rick Moranis.

deschutes said:
Ah well, Harb should've known we'd stomp all over his thread in his absence anyway :rolleyes:
yeah...we're meeting up with him in 2 hours....i'll be sure to tell him you said that :p

There is only 23 of us?!?!

AndyMilonakis said:

Opps.........24 of us, we just had a future dermpath vote!