Why do people hate Trump?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Trump cannot be bought.
Tom Steyer, Jewish hedge fund billionaire want Trump impeached. It makes you wonder, what his agenda is.:eyebrow:

Meet the wealthy donors who are pouring millions into the 2016 elections

Why did you need to identify him as Jewish? Other than ignorance and or antisemitism, I don't know what it could be.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Unfortunately the world we live in is too sensitive now.

I've yet to be offended by him. I may not agree with things he has done or said but he actually hasn't done a bad job. He's trying to improve the economy, Congress just won't let him.
He is trying to Improve the Economy.What has he done? It is well proven that the guy is an idiot,has no clues about policy.. You got to be joking

Reactions: 1 user
Simply put: people hate him because they hate his personality. He was pompous before office and no one truly likes a jerk, especially a rich one. He won because of two reasons. The first being that his opponent was Hillary. The second reason is that the majority of people were tired of politicians and jumped at the first opportunity to elect a non-politician.

But people wouldn't be tired of politicians if we actually put pressure on who we elect and not just vote for a lying thief because of our "allegiance to a party." You ask the average American who their state's represenatives are and I would bet money that they wouldn't know, I'd bet even more that they don't really care.

Members don't see this ad :)
People hate Trump because they hate themselves, the country, or have been brainwashed by the media who spreads misinformation. He's been a great President so far, just wish he would cool it a bit on twitter.
He is an idiot.

Reactions: 1 users
He is trying to Improve the Economy.What has he done? It is well proven that the guy is an idiot,has no clues about policy.. You got to be joking

Just wait for tax reform.

Someone doesn't care for veterans....

Did you read any of it?

If by veterans you mean the selfless people who give their lives for us, then you'd be wrong. A person from each generation of my family has proudly served, starting with my great great grandfather in WW2 despite coming back and still being treated like a second class citizen and ending with my brother who starts basic in next month.

Try that talk on someone else....

If by veterans you mean the selfless people who give their lives for us, then you'd be wrong. A person from each generation of my family has proudly served, starting with my great great grandfather in WW2 despite coming back and still being treated like a second class citizen and ending with my brother who starts basic in next month.

Try that talk on someone else....

It's good to hear you like what Trump is doing for our vets.

We have a secret Trump supporter right here

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone doesn't care for veterans....

Did you read any of it?

Oh and I read it. A good portion of those accomplishments were from 2016 before he was even elected. One stated "Trumps victory over political correctness." How is that an accomplishment? Another, and again I'm quoting, "In an effort to "drain the swamp", Trump instituted a 5-year lobbying ban for potential administration picks as well as transition team members." I clicked on the reference given and none of the linked articles says this was actually implemented, but that he was "planning" on it. Meaning it hadn't happened YET according to the reference.

I wish every American citizen could take a college writing course and learn about true references because half of those would get me a F in my old classes.

Reactions: 2 users
Donald Trump achievements - Conservapedia

For everyone's reading pleasure. All the stuff you won't see on TV. Trump has done so much for us so far.

Really, you believe that stuff?

Let start with:
Trump was inaugurated on January 20, 2017, giving one of the strongest inauguration addresses in American history
Right up there with Jefferson, Lincoln and Kennedy. A speech that will be quoted for centuries.

Let's see what Trump has really accomplished?

Got a Supreme Court Nominee Confirmed
Reversed Obama's regulations.
Insulted multiple people on twitter
Lied on a daily basis
Took away health insurance for 9 million children

Let's take his Golf Lies. He tweeted about a billion times that Obama played Golf too much and even said:
I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done,” Trump, 69, tells ITK. "I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off.”

Then plays more golf than Obama did...... He lies and lies and lies and lies and lies and you guys lap it up.

That's really about it. He couldn't repeal Obamacare because he is not a politician. You don't send anyman to do brain surgery and you don't send an anyman to be President. He didn't understand the substance of the issues and the ramifications of his intended actions, he has no understanding of how Congress works and he lacks the skill to use his position as President to lobby Congress and bring them to his side.

Tax reform will not be tax reform. It will be a tax cut. A tax cut, by the way that makes no economic sense. If growth is 3% and we are almost at full employment, what will he accomplish? Just look at what he did the 401K deductability. This was floated on purpose with the expectation it would not go through. It was bargaining chip to be traded away for income somewhere else. Yet, the ***** with itchy twitter fingers blasts it down and gets nothing for it. Politically on a scale from 1-10 his IQ is -100. Reagan spent a great deal of time and political capital to draft the tax reform act of 1986. He plan when submitted to Congress was hundreds of pages long and Reagan was totally conversant in all of it's details and was able to lobby Congress to pass it. Trump's plan was a nine page outline that he still does not understand.

In any area you choose, he is a total loser. That's because he is as lost as a politician just as he would be lost as a brain surgeon. He should stick to developing buildings and not paying the hard working craftsman that build them for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
And what's crazy is I genuinely want to know exactly what he's accomplished. I keep seeing biased sources on both sides and I just want a real answer.

"Trump was inaugurated on January 20, 2017, giving one of the strongest inauguration addresses in American history." Whose grading the strength of inauguration addresses? How is it being graded? Is there a scale? You see why a statement like this can't be used as a fact or any any argument?

"In his first 100 days as president, Trump signed the most pieces of legislation of any president since Harry Truman....." Do you see why this one can be stated as a fact? One can actually count the number of legislations of past presidents.

The difference between facts and opinions is the same as being published in Nature versus The National Inquirer

Sounds like you simply choose not to hear all the good he has done
I mean do not have any critical thinking ability or the ability to discern the credibility of your sources? Or do you just take everything on faith?

If you are trolling us with this garbage I award you 100 points and tip my hat to you. If you are totally sincere I weep for how far facts and verifiable sources have fallen even among educated people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

Final Trump campaign ad:

This is a great closer ad in terms of who Trump wants to get out the vote.

I generally agree that Trump is despised by even the conservative side as the personification of all the downsides of inherited wealth. Trump is demonstrably crass, misogynist, and entitled. If you see that final campaign ad, he certainly appeals to the nativist (anti-Semitic, racist, xenophobic) crowd. However, I would say that people should hate the strength of the executive office as proven with every president since Abraham Lincoln (who rightfully should be considered the greatest Republican president and one of the greatest presidents period), the continual expansion of the executive authority leads to a situation where you can have good use, but really bad use of that power. Trump's use of that power is consistent with previous Presidents in its scope, but having an egomaniac like him in charge makes the use of the power loathsome to many. And for me, I wouldn't have been a big fan of Hilary Clinton using the same power either for the same reasons how Trump uses the power now. This was the Democrat's election to lose, and they admirably snatched defeat from the jaws of victory by not only nominating Hilary Clinton but in the controversial manner in which they did that caused a bunch of Obama's supporters to stay home.

What's interesting about how Trump has used his power is in ways where he does NOT appoint anyone to a particular office. The Civil Service stand-ins are under strict orders from both the Executive Office and longstanding tradition and precedent to NOT set policy if their are placeholders. This effectively stops certain agencies from functioning. The worst hit right now is arguably the Department of Energy, which lacks even the nuclear safety and control staff appointees to even keep policy running.

That said, this is a democracy. One citizen, one vote. Although I think more people are actually Democrats on principle than Republicans, the Republicans manage to control their faithful's votes better and suppress Democratic votes more thoroughly than the opposing party. The Democrats also have a longstanding tradition of causing self-inflicted damage to themselves as opposed to the Republicans which tend to do the "cleaner" methods of corporate corruption. If the Democrats stop trying to play the Republicans' game (corporate corruption and ideological purity) and play their own (machine politics and demographic diversity), the Democrats should win. But, this election was as much about how the Democrats did not connect with their own members as much as Trump displacing the Republicans in connecting with theirs. You need the faithful disciplined enough to vote but cannot win with alone, you have to be able to influence the moderates and the conversation itself. If the Democrats want to strictly run as an anti-Trump election next year, they are counting on Trump to screw up enough to do so and must play up the controversy. I'm not so sure it's a winning strategy. It certainly won't work in the next election, the Democrats will need to show that they have a better message and persona than the Republicans if they want to win. Trump brought both to this past election ("Make America Great Again" for the faithful and I'm NOT Hilary) and won. The Democrats have the "I'm not Trump" down, but they can't just offer another Obama without some other message.

Man some people can't handle a joke.

All I want is tax reform so the market bubble will inflate a little more before the next great recession.

Anyone notice the anger in these anti-trump responses? You guys do realize your anger won't make him go away right?

Anyways continue with your rants. You will notice no anger from me.

The only things he really has done is deregulation, exiting the Paris climate agreement, some crack down on illegal immigration (more arrests), keystone Pipeline, supreme Court judge Gorsuch, some epa and education appointing that we'll see outcomes of soon, caring for our vets, etc.

Agree or disagree with what he's trying to do, Republicans want this so you might say he's trying to do his job?

Last edited:
Well, Trump's campaign manager just got arrested and is in court today at 1 PM to be arraigned.

DNY1_-YUEAACg-S.jpg

Well, Trump's campaign manager just got arrested and is in court today at 1 PM to be arraigned.

DNY1_-YUEAACg-S.jpg
Those charges are FAKE NEWS from the CNN. Manafort is a patriot. Let's focus on real issues like the Hillary emails and gay Kevin Spacey. Bigly.

The Papadapaglapagous guy (however its spelled) pleading guilty for lying about colluding with the Russians is some insanely huge news, though. Shew. There's no running from that, boys.

Even with the Russia stuff (which I think is far overblown) I still think it pales in comparison to the crimes of the DNC (which go unpunished). At the end of the day the accusation is "the Trump camp cheated to collude with Russia to hack us and expose our cheating in our own primary." Basically they cheated to find us cheating... Between the corruption of the DNC primary, the Obama IRS acting like actual fascists, and a myriad of other things I think anything from this Russia stuff pales in comparison to the things members of the DNC are guilty of or the corruption within their party members. I'm not exonerating the Republicans but I think the Democrats, as a party, are far worse. At least the GOP didn't cheat their primary to keep the outsider from winning.

Even with the Russia stuff (which I think is far overblown) I still think it pales in comparison to the crimes of the DNC (which go unpunished). At the end of the day the accusation is "the Trump camp cheated to collude with Russia to hack us and expose our cheating in our own primary." Basically they cheated to find us cheating... Between the corruption of the DNC primary, the Obama IRS acting like actual fascists, and a myriad of other things I think anything from this Russia stuff pales in comparison to the things members of the DNC are guilty of or the corruption within their party members. I'm not exonerating the Republicans but I think the Democrats, as a party, are far worse. At least the GOP didn't cheat their primary to keep the outsider from winning.

That's some serious spin right there, though. Colluding with a hostile foreign power is worse. I'm not even sure how that is debatable.

That said, throw them all in jail. Like I could give a ****.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone notice the anger in these anti-trump responses? ?

The man is completely unfit to lead the country I love, might be in Russia's pocket, and is just unstable enough to start a nuclear war, and you expect me NOT to be angry about that?

That said, this is a democracy. One citizen, one vote.

but it isn't - we have a representative republic, if we had a true democracy we would have had a democrat in the white house 6 out of the last 7 elections (only the second GW Bush election did the GOP win the popular vote). heck in my state of NC we have 500,000 more registered democrats, yet we have 10 GOP congresspeople and 3 Democrats - both sides are guilty of gerrymandering over the years- it just goes to show - one person does not equal one vote.

I saw an interesting analysis of the "power of one vote" and a voter in wyoming had something like 3x the voting power as someone in NY

sounds like a nice non-biased source

It's just a site that shows legislation signed and executive orders if you click on the links under as president.

That's some serious spin right there, though. Colluding with a hostile foreign power is worse. I'm not even sure how that is debatable.

At this point though it seems the only thing really are financial issues by underlings, no evidence of a Russian x Trump government collusion.

Hillary Clinton was littered with pay for play in regards to foreign influence, even if Trump did collude with Putin it may still not have been as bad as what Clinton did/has done.

Regardless, when I voted I couldn't stomach punching for either of them so I didn't.

but it isn't - we have a representative republic, if we had a true democracy we would have had a democrat in the white house 6 out of the last 7 elections (only the second GW Bush election did the GOP win the popular vote). heck in my state of NC we have 500,000 more registered democrats, yet we have 10 GOP congresspeople and 3 Democrats - both sides are guilty of gerrymandering over the years- it just goes to show - one person does not equal one vote.

I saw an interesting analysis of the "power of one vote" and a voter in wyoming had something like 3x the voting power as someone in NY

I don't know if you can solidly go by number of registered voters. Nationally roughly 35% of the country is registered DNC, I think GOP is more like 25-30% leaving a huge chunk of people not registered with one of the two.

Gerrymandering is wrong though, my state is pretty bad too (7 Dems 1 GOP). Trump won ~35% of the votes here (deep blue state), but proportionally by that we should have ~3 GOP house members.

I do want to keep the electoral college though as it prevents tyranny of the majority. A candidate could literally run on a platform that says "no federal funding will go to non-coastal states) and win based on the urban coasts voting in a candidate solely pandering to their interests at the behest of the rest of the country. The federal republic is built where the individual states are to have more power than the individual voters when it comes to the federal government. The states themselves individually are to have more direct democracy. That's one reason I strongly advocate for a smaller federal government and more power handed to individual states to govern as they please.

Last edited:
what's wrong with being friend with Putin? I love Putin...strong leader. In fact, I want Trump and Putin together running this world. All of the Russia accusations is a joke. Even Trump has ties with Russia, so what? he hasn't sold US land yet right? Come on...

Trump! Trump! Trump!
Best US president ever.....

There are 3 basic types of political people.

1) People who hate every president no matter what, because of personal problems in their own life that the president has no control over, but they think he still should be able to fix them.

2) People who hate all Democrat presidents, or who hate all Republican presidents....just because they hate anyone who isn't on their "team", regardless of what that politician does.

3) People who never think about politics and don't know or care who the president is, because they care only about their own immediate life.

Of course, there are outliers, like myself, who try to judge actions of a president, without judging the president as a whole, and who try to judge actions outside of political affiliations. But outliers are few and far between.

Reactions: 3 users
It's just a site that shows legislation signed and executive orders if you click on the links under as president.

It's also just a site that has articles like "Counterexamples to an Old Earth" and "Conservapedia proven right" with a bunch of "gotchas," like anyone actually cares whether Bill O'Reilly is a librul or Tom Brady is overrated

Solid unbiased source

Last edited:
It's also just a site that has articles like "Counterexamples to an Old Earth" and "Conservapedia proven right" with a bunch of "gotchas," like anyone actually cares whether Bill O'Reilly is a librul or Tom Brady is overrated

Solid unbiased source

You don't have to read that part.

Is reverse cherry-picking a thing?

1) People who hate every president no matter what, because of personal problems in their own life that the president has no control over, but they think he still should be able to fix them.

2) People who hate all Democrat presidents, or who hate all Republican presidents....just because they hate anyone who isn't on their "team", regardless of what that politician does.

3) People who never think about politics and don't know or care who the president is, because they care only about their own immediate life.

Of course, there are outliers, like myself, who try to judge actions of a president, without judging the president as a whole, and who try to judge actions outside of political affiliations. But outliers are few and far between.

You forgot the dinguses that think there are only 4 types of "political people."

what's wrong with being friend with Putin? I love Putin...strong leader. In fact, I want Trump and Putin together running this world. All of the Russia accusations is a joke. Even Trump has ties with Russia, so what? he hasn't sold US land yet right? Come on...

Trump! Trump! Trump!
Best US president ever.....
Clearly a troll.

It has nothing to do with his politics. Everything to do with the fact that’s he’s a terrible human being and doesn’t even try to hide his ignorance, selfishness, and lack of empathy for others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inb4 being accused of being a shill for Hillary (but her emails)

NO U

It has nothing to do with his politics. Everything to do with the fact that’s he’s a terrible human being and doesn’t even try to hide his ignorance, selfishness, and lack of empathy for others.

So nothing objective, just your feelings tell you to hate him.

I can't help but read your post in a whiny & crying voice.

Trumptard logic: when people answer a question about why they don't like trump....say they are triggered and don't try to refute any of the criticism because you can't...lol

x ad infinitum

So nothing objective, just your feelings tell you to hate him.

I can't help but read your post in a whiny & crying voice.

There’s nothing subjective about what I said. I would never hate someone because of their politics. No one is ever going to agree on everything politically, there are way to many people to please.

I don’t hate Trump. My problem with Trump is his character. The most powerful man in the world spends his time verbally attacking reporters, Congressmen, senators, Actors/actresses, and anyone else that call out his childishness. You cannot objectively say that Donald Trump doesn’t act beneath the office of the president. He has the temperament of a high schooler.

So forgive me if I don’t want someone like that as my president.

Any Republicans want to say what Trump has done wrong other then they don't like his personality?

Last edited:

I don't fit into any of those
I am 0-7 for voting for presidents (perot, gore, kerry, mccain, romney, clinton) - I consider myself very socially liberal and center left fiscally. Many people who focus on being conservative fiscally focus on what they think the waste is - they always tend to mention entitlements (food stamps, welfare, etc) - but rarely focus on our biggest spending - military - obviously we need a strong military, especially at the rate we are pissing off other countries, but this recent budget gave the military more money than they were even asking for

I don't fit into any of those
I am 0-7 for voting for presidents (perot, gore, kerry, mccain, romney, clinton) - I consider myself very socially liberal and center left fiscally. Many people who focus on being conservative fiscally focus on what they think the waste is - they always tend to mention entitlements (food stamps, welfare, etc) - but rarely focus on our biggest spending - military - obviously we need a strong military, especially at the rate we are pissing off other countries, but this recent budget gave the military more money than they were even asking for

You would be an uncatagorized outlier, most people don't think that thoroughly about politics. Which is why the US has the government that it does.

Any Republicans want to say what Trump has done wrong other then they don't like his personality?

Sure. He may have colluded with a foreign power to win the election, he's woefully ignorant of the responsibility he's taken on (which I could forgive if he were willing to learn, but he isn't), he said that Nazis were "fine people", he somehow managed to run a casino into bankruptcy, he has a disturbing authoritarian streak, he wants to suppress the media unless they agree with him, and he's at Mar-a-Lago golfing almost every weekend.

Sure. He may have colluded with a foreign power to win the election, he's woefully ignorant of the responsibility he's taken on (which I could forgive if he were willing to learn, but he isn't), he said that Nazis were "fine people", he somehow managed to run a casino into bankruptcy, he has a disturbing authoritarian streak, he wants to suppress the media unless they agree with him, and he's at Mar-a-Lago golfing almost every weekend.

more evidence that hillary colluded with a foreign power(paid millions for dossier). not everybody on the right that was in charlottesville was a nazi and not everybody on the left was an antifa terrorist. Many casinos in atlantic city have declared bankruptcy. That place completely went under. If he was an "authoritarian", he would be jailing journalists and dismantling congressional powers. think erdogan and maduro. Which media has he suppressed and with what law? calling someone "fake news" is not authoratively suppressing them. As for golfing, he's keeping most of his campaign promises while also working on the rest of them. Not sure what the problem with him golfing is.

Last edited: