Why did you choose Marquette Dental? (sec app question)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeriousPreDent

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long do you think the essay should be? They don't specify a length and i don't want it to be too long or too short....any thoughts? I have 1.25 pages already and could add more easily....thanks for the help

Members don't see this ad.

SeriousPreDent said:
How long do you think the essay should be? They don't specify a length and i don't want it to be too long or too short....any thoughts? I have 1.25 pages already and could add more easily....thanks for the help

As long as your answer is sincere i think you will be fine. But don't make it too long so that they will cringe when they see it.

I kept at one page, i think any longer and the admission people could toss it aside. known one wants to sit and read two page statement of why I want to go to marquette. See if you can shorten some of your points to fit one page. But then again if you have many points and it takes up more than one page, then your left with more than one page.

short but sweet I say.

Members don't see this ad :)
hello guys, this is kinda off topic. But hope you guys can answer my q's since I assume you guys probably have done some research on it.

Is Marquette a private Dental school? Do they welcome Canadians?

Does this school only accept Catholic applicants? How about Christians and other faiths?

What sets this Dental school apart than other Dental schools? lower GPA to get in? Need to take some kind of Catholic exams?

Hope you guys can help me out here! Thanks :thumbup:

my essay for them was 1 page, maybe a few lines less.

Smooth Operater said:
Need to take some kind of Catholic exams?
QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but this is an absurd question. Does a state school make you take a test about their state? What is the official state flower? Or the state symbol? I would have gotten into Florida, but I couldn't remember it was the Sunshine State. Now I'm kicking myself! Haha

Marquette is a private school,

I believe they do take Canadians

Its a catholic school by association, but I don't beleive they discriminate on religion. So if your not catholic, I don't think they will throw your file out.

Marquette has been known to take students with good gpa's and low dat scores.

hope this helps smooth operator!

hockeydentist said:
Marquette is a private school,

I believe they do take Canadians

Its a catholic school by association, but I don't beleive they discriminate on religion. So if your not catholic, I don't think they will throw your file out.

Marquette has been known to take students with good gpa's and low dat scores.

hope this helps smooth operator!

Is it a good idea to mention that I would like to attend Marquette b/c it is a catholic school? I know religion and politics are touchy subjects but they openly advertise that they are a catholic school...any thoughts?

I mentioned that I was catholic in my secondary application essay, I was waitlisted.

So I guess you could say that it might help make the decision easier for the adcomms.