Why did you choose ICO? NOVA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asmaka19

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time deciding between ICO and Nova! Any advice, guidance, recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

These were the only 2 schools I applied to, originally ICO was my top choice and Nova was my backup. However when I interviewed at Nova I had a great experience and was impressed with the facilities and campus. Also, I like that it's part of a health division campus and a larger campus as a whole-it means more people to interact with and more resources to take advantage of.

Both schools have different pros and cons but for those of you that considered these schools what attracted you or turned you off and why did you choose to go or not go (for those that have made their decisions)?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm gonna be of no help here lol but I'm in the same boat as you. Except it's between Nova and Neco. As of right now, I am leaning towards Nova.

Good luck on your decision!

Doesn't Nova have lower tuition? And its in florida!:D

Members don't see this ad :)
True, but ICO is in Chicago :)

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=6157843#post6157843

Same boat last year...Check out my 2 cents in that post.

In general though, you should think about it yourself, and think what suits you. Either that or just pay attention to other applicants and what they've heard or think.

EVERYONE that's already an opt. student is pretty biased towards their own school, since it's the only opt. school they've been to, so take what they say with a grain of salt. In addition to that, they'll mostly be really gun-ho about defending it, since the school is part of them now (at least those still using SDN after getting accepted). The positives will be biased from the students attending, and the negatives will be from OTHER students from other schools...that's school spirit for ya, haha.

No matter which you choose though, you'll still wonder "what if", so the best thing to do is go with your gut, and make the best of the one you chose.