Why did you become a doctor?

I would laugh at this, but I know the day will come when we will meet and have to fight to the death. There can be only one...

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Members don't see this ad.

Because for the first 25 yrs of working life, a UPS driver makes same as a doctor.

http://graphaday.blogspot.com/2010/04/doctor-salary-vs-ups-driver.html

doctor_salary.gif

also, how many UPS drivers work MD hours? I don't even think that is allowed per their own union (that was pulled out of my ass, but it sounds about right)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm gonna be your friend and help you understand why this is happening. If you aren't mature enough to know why YOU want to go into a profession, then you shouldn't go into it. If you don't have a good reason to become a doctor (a reason of your own) then, IF you make it through med school, you will be one of those piss poor doctors that hates their job and everyone else hates.

Exactly. You have to have your own reasons for wanting to pursue this path. It takes years and years to get to the end goal and you need something that motivates you.

also, how many UPS drivers work MD hours? I don't even think that is allowed per their own union (that was pulled out of my ass, but it sounds about right)

Also, show me any 18 year old that gets paid 60k/year straight out of high school to work for UPS. I dare you.

There are several reasons. Probably most important was the cops were starting to catch on to my practicing medicine without a license, so I figured I'd go legit. I also wanted easier access to opiates and amphetamines. Furthermore, the "D" in "Dr." uses less ink than the "M" in "Mr." so it's really the only environmentally conscious way to justify the large amount of mail I receive.

I don't think your last point is valid because now you will have to use Dr. DrSnips, MD. I mean if you just use "Dr." people might think you were a PhD or something equally awful. I think I would just die if someone thought I was a PhD.

Also, show me any 18 year old that gets paid 60k/year straight out of high school to work for UPS. I dare you.

I will agree with this. Two of my high school friends (both 23) work for UPS. Neither of them are full time drivers, although one of them does drive part time. I can tell you far and away neither of them make close to $60k/year or probably even $30k. When not driving, they make ~$12 an hour and can work a max of 25 hours per week. Their yearly earnings will be inflated due to the increased hours worked during December due to Christmas. I would imagine it will be probably be another 3-5 years at the least before either of them are earning $60k/ year.

Wow! Until I read the responses, I had no clue that people create threads like this to wriggle out of writing their personal statements.
OP, c'mon! I'm sure you have your OWN reasons for joining the field! If not, I must say, I feel sorry for you... althought, it is questionable who I feel sorry for more - you or the poor raped dog. ;(