Why are there 3 diff UMDNJ campuses that offer the MBS degree??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vmn12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The masters program is offered at all three UMDNJ campuses--Newark, Stratford, and Piscataway. What are the differences, if any, between these three programs? I am looking for post bacs that are "academic record enhancers"

I called the Newark campus, but they were of no help. Simply said that they are separate schools and that she knows nothing of the MBS programs at the other two campuses. Almost sounded as if I offended her.

Can anyone else offer any help?

Members don't see this ad.

Stratford is a DO school, the other two are MD schools. The programs are very similar to each other.

The big difference I am aware of is that if you are one of the lucky few to be selected to take med school classes (emphasis on few) then you would be taking it with the med students of that campus - DO students at stratford, MD students in newark.

It will also prob influence where you wish to go to medical school eventually - MD or DO. Tho that might also be out of your hands based on your GPA

UMDNJ has multiple autonomous schools like the University of Texas has multiple autonomous schools like the University of California has multiple autonomous schools like the State University of New York has multiple autonomous schools

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the clarification, guys.
So do all three programs have similar acceptance stats? It seems as if location is the only major difference here (other than the MD/DO diff)...

Thanks for the clarification, guys.
So do all three programs have similar acceptance stats? It seems as if location is the only major difference here (other than the MD/DO diff)...

Really not sure, but whatever difference in admissions stats there is might be influenced by

1) They take anyone at the Newark campus (well, so is my experience - haven't really heard of anyone being turned down)
2) Stratford is DO, as you pointed out (not sure if that leads to a lower-stat applicant pool
3) RWJMS is brand-spankin new. Thus unproven and possibly with a few kinks to work out